has opened a new office in Prague and we're looking for you to join our back-end Java development team.
In this role, you'll be responsible for feature development, own a scope of work and collaborate with other developers (FE & BE), QA Engineers and product managers (we work in Scrum). To work on our large-scale product means back-end developers face unique engineering tasks that require architectural thinking.
At Wrike, we believe that work should be both challenging and fun. We're growing rapidly and are providing excellent opportunities for professional growth. We're smart, passionate, friendly, and professional, and we're looking for the same qualities in you. Wrike's engineers are smart and responsive people who truly enjoy working together. It's important for us to maintain this atmosphere and to further develop it by inviting professionals with high cultural and intellectual potential into it.
To be successful, soft skills matter and you'll need to be a team player, have critical thinking skills to validate ideas and ready to bring new ideas to the team and ready to dive deeply into product scope.
About the Role
- Develop and design new and rewrite existing features
- Propose solutions to complex problems and create an architecture for your features
- Discuss your solutions to the team and stakeholders
- Take part in development of new vertical solutions for specific areas: marketing, project management.
- Provide estimates for tasks
- Develop tests for your functionality
- Conduct code review for your teammates
- Work using a classic scrum method in teams of 8-12 people
Our Tech Stack
- Java 11
- Spring 5 is present through our entire system, APIs are REST
- Spring MVC & Spring Boot are being launched with new code.
- PostgreSQL as database and MyBatis for communicating with it.
- RabbitMQ & Redis - for messaging
- Development is done on MacOS, IntelliJ and Git
- Good knowledge of Java
- Good team player, ready to collaborate with other teams and departments in order to achieve results
- Readiness to solve problems and dive deeply into the business subject
- Readiness to help with problems presented by the Product Owner and show them what it means to develop the required features
- Ability to be constantly learning new things and sharing your knowledge with others
- Strong English communications skills (written and verbal)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to create technical solution
- You see challenges as opportunities. You’re ready to jump in and find what works
Through the recruitment process you'll be guided by Pavel Kucera
Stay up to date with the latest news about Wrike events and Hot Jobs by signing up to our TechClub Newsletter and never miss an opportunity at Wrike.
Wrike has a public-facing Recruiting Notice that has been drafted to meet applicable law and regulatory requirements (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, etc.). Our most up to date Recruiting Notice can be found here: www.wrike.com/security/recruiting.