We Make Websites are a Shopify Plus agency with offices in New York and London. Our team of 60+ design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for some of the world's largest companies. Brands we work with include: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, BBC, Aarmy, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Bulletproof, Revant Optics, Missoma, Harper Collins and The Economist.
About the role
As a Product Owner, you’ll be working as part of a cross-functional team (we call them ‘pods’) of UX and visual designers, developers and solutions consultants to deliver best-in-class e-commerce websites on Shopify Plus.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of large-scale design, build and replatforming projects, as well as ongoing enhancements for a roster of e-commerce clients. You will ensure that we produce exceptional quality delivery on time and within budget.
Responsibilities of the Product Owner:
- Work with client stakeholders and account strategists to understand business objectives, define the vision and build the product roadmap.
- Prioritise the needs and objectives of the client, juggling scope, budget and time.
- Develop, grow and manage the product backlog, doing so across the pod’s roster of clients.
- Write detailed briefs/stories for product features so they are clearly understood by the designers and developers within the pod.
- Contribute to the planning, execution and review of each development / design sprint.
- Work with the pod to continually refine and improve the development process.
- Maintain a deep understanding of e-commerce and the market in which each client operates.
- Act as primary client liaison for delivery of projects and ongoing website development.
- Take accountability and be ultimately responsible for the delivery of client projects/products.
What we're looking for
- UK based
- You’ll have a Product Owner or Technical Project Management background, having delivered large-scale e-commerce/website projects with complex technical challenges.
- You’ll have an understanding of what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct-to-consumer e-commerce design and development.
- .You’ll have a passion for the e-commerce space and the types of clients we work with: fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You’ll have strong leadership and communication skills: You’ll be comfortable presenting to C-level stakeholders.
- You’ll be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem-solver.
- You’ll have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You’ll have a love of change and working in a fast paced environment—in fact, you’ll be motivated by it.
- You’ll have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with the Shopify platform.
- Experience working with other e-commerce platforms, such as Magento, Hybris, or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Development or UX design experience.
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two. **
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed. **
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks in the office.
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.