We are taking a non-traditional approach to hiring here at Voltage Control. To kick-start the process we are starting the interview right out of the gate. This will help us speed up the process and it lets us get to know you just a bit better. To apply please fill out the following questionnaire: https://forms.gle/qL9eJvqJFNMQQuZy5
Why Voltage Control
Voltage Control is a change agency that helps enterprises sustain innovation and teams work better together with custom-designed meetings and workshops, both in-person and virtual. Our master facilitators offer trusted guidance and custom coaching to companies who want to transform ineffective meetings, reignite stalled projects, and cut through assumptions. Based in Austin, TX. but a 100% remote company, Voltage Control designs and leads public and private workshops that range from small meetings to large conference-style gatherings. We move fast, but always keep our core values at the forefront of everything we do: Be present for empathy, Stay Curious + Grow, Include + Unleash Everyone, Pride in Craft, Thrive in Ambiguity.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the CEO to oversee, document, and execute our daily operations and procedures. You’ll be responsible for the efficiency of the business, owning contractor management, vendor relations, recruiting, onboarding, team health, event planning, project management, drafting proposals, procurement, contracting, research, and special projects.
The Operations Manager role is a key member of the management team, reporting to the CEO and founder. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. Day to day, the Operations Manager will design and implement business operations in support of our facilitation and training workshops and events. You’ll establish policies that promote our culture and vision across everything we do including employee experiences and client engagements. You’ll oversee ongoing business operations of the company and special projects of the executive team.
If you put people first, thrive when organizing ambiguity, have an unquenchable appetite for learning about business operations, and love to find ways to help others to top, we’d love to meet you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals and policies that promote company vision, culture, and growth
- Guide and align daily operations of the company (Marketing, Sales, Facilitation, Training etc.)
- Engage employees to promote & encourage maximum team health and happiness
- Organize, drive new hire sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding
- Plan and execute events and special projects
- Evaluate business performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Regularly identify and alert CEO to all matters of executive importance
- Manage relationships and procurement with contractors, partners, & vendors
- Proven experience in Operations Manager or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and Google Suite
- Experience automating and integrating operational workflows.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Bonus Points for
- Experience in a professional services, training, or events company
- Professional Facilitation Skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA
- Experience with the other tools that we use: Wordpress, Mural, Trello, Zapier, Process St, Hubspot