Sr Frontend Developer
Vanilla JS / TypeScript
If you’re an expert Senior Frontend developer who loves working on large, complex projects and wants an ongoing, full-time position with a tech startup, then this might be your dream job.
We’re Vidalytics.com - a video SaaS looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join our team.
We’re a small tight-knit group of A-Players. You’d be surrounded by other professionals who are all great at their job.
We’re profitable too, so you won’t have to wonder if you’re going to have a job next month.
This is an ongoing, full time position. We would like to work with you for years to come.
Why You Should Join Vidalytics?
This is a unique opportunity to work on a cutting edge product with the right team of smart people behind it. It will be a fun, exciting and rewarding experience in your life and career.
We are a team of easy going, smart and hard working people who are building a product we believe in.
- You’ll get experience with video players, media engines, codecs, data visualization, video delivery at scale, typescript, and we may even build a video player from the ground up which you could be the lead developer on.
- You will NOT be micromanaged. You will be your own boss to work how you like (aside from code architecture)
- Complex projects that are a constant challenge -- never get bored at work again!
- You can work anytime you want, aside from a few meetings with the rest of the team, just get your work done
- Paid vacation - This is a B2B contract but we still offer 2 weeks of vacation
- Educational budget for you to learn new topics
- If you want, you’ll have the opportunity to learn many new things with hands on experience
- We’re growing quickly, so you could be promoted to a tech lead position
- English (at least written English and conversational spoken English)
- 8+ years of Front End dev experience
- Vanilla JS
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of legacy browsers & devices bugs and their workarounds
Bonus skills (not mandatory)
- Browserify, Webpack or other packaging tools
Here are some of the aspects of this project you’ll be working on:
- External API handling
- Video player maintenance & features development (esp. having in mind older devices)
- Maintenance & features development for user dashboard
These are our values and we found that people who share the same ones are successful on our team.
- Meritocracy -- we’re building a Meritocracy, where the best ideas win -- not based on who has the bigger title. The following values underpin this. You should embody these traits.
- Direct & honest communication (transparency) -- to be successful we have to face the truth and be honest. And that starts with each other. That means we give direct feedback. We want it in exchange. So feel free to argue your points, just be ready to get onboard with decisions once they are made.
- Ownership & Accountability -- the best people are the ones who OWN their position, tasks and even things that go beyond their ‘day to day responsibilities’. They never say, “that’s not my job.” Instead they proactively spot problems and always try to think like the owner of the business.
- Intelligence and smarts -- We prize smart people. Who doesn’t? But it's not just book smarts but “business smarts” where you’re able to solve problems. Think for yourself. And don't be intimidated by any problem, no matter how complex. (Aka growth mindset).
- Self aware (personal growth) -- we want people who can look at themselves objectively, admit their mistakes and be open to growth. When you bring this attitude to your profession, it becomes a place of personal development and self actualizations.
- Integrity -- trust is the glue that holds us together. We need to be able to trust you whether it is regarding the quality of your hours, the deadlines you impose or anything else.
- Urgency -- we’re a startup and you need to be able to meet deadlines. We need someone who pushes themselves when they need to and hits deadlines. And also knows how to prioritize the important things.
- Hard working -- we’re trying to get shit done on a budget. If you’re looking for an easy job, go elsewhere. Instead, this job will constantly have challenges and opportunities to learn and grow professionally. But we try to have fun while we’re doing it and consider each other friends.
- Data -- whenever possible, we want to make decisions based on data, not emotions or opinions.