Senior Frontend developer
Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
View all Universal Avenue jobs →
Senior Frontend developer
Do you enjoy writing well tested, well thought out frontend apps? Do you enjoy working with GraphQL, Cypress and React? Come join our product team at Universal Avenue as a senior frontend developer and help us ship outstanding software.
What you will do
As a senior frontend developer at Universal Avenue you will be working towards setting good standards when it comes to testing and architecture of the platform.
Together with our team you will use our design system to build out new functionality while also improving existing features.
You will be responsible for working on the core parts of the platform that everyone else relies on when building features for our customers.
You will work together with other frontend developers and designers to optimize processes and systems to enable us to deliver as good a product as possible.
- Use Cypress / other testing tools to build and ship working software for our users.
- UseReacttoconstruct re-usable, user-friendly components and put them to use throughout our platform.
- Workwith,andlearn together with an international team while shipping software to users worldwide.
- Docode/designreviews and other tasks to help improve the overall quality and stability of our platform.
How we work
We are a mixed team of internationals working together on a common platform
The way way we tend to structure our work is around 2 week sprints where we start off with sprint planning and end with sprint review. The day after sprint review is dedicated to lab days where we spend our time on something that can improve ourselves or the platform. Examples might be some refactoring or learning about a new concept.
We also hold a retrospective after the sprint to figure out what we can improve come next sprint. We also regularly do book clubs where we read a book together to strengthen our skills together. Every month we do 1 on 1 to get feedback on performance and what can be improved / what was good.
Who you are
We look for people who are passionate about what they do best, people with a can-do attitude, lots of energy and a strong entrepreneurial drive. Together we can build a team that is motivated not only by profit but also by purpose, the feeling that the work truly matters.
You are a persistent and curious person that is encouraged to inspire change on a global scale and have dedication to something bigger than yourself. You are a standout colleague that can handle a high level of flexibility and freedom.
As a senior frontend developer you want to write code that is both well tested and well architected. You like when things work the way they are designed to work and you are also happy to help the team grow in skill by guiding less experienced team members towards best practices / tools.
- 2 years of html/CSS
- 2 year of React or similar
- GraphQL / Apollo experience
- Experience with Jest / Enzyme / Cypress / similar testing environments
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Nice to have skills:
- Opensource contributions
- Experience working with/on design systems
- React Native
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience working alongside frontend developers and designers
- Design experience
- Sketch knowledge
Apply for this position
Send a resume to email@example.com