There’s a person we want to work with.
Thing is, we're not talking about someone specific. In fact, that’s the problem. We’re talking about a set of traits and an attitude, which is scarce! We want developers who see things differently; that don't conform to the norm. You’re ready to get the job done, and even surprise us.
There are so many lousy job descriptions for engineers in the world, we’re writing down what we’re looking for in hopes that this person (you?) is out there:
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You’ve experimented with and survived many different types of development and project methodologies, which has left you with a healthy appreciation for what works
- You focus on building and shipping software that matters to your users and that matters to the company you’re building it for
What we expect from our NetSuite Software Engineer:
- Build out exciting new features in our NetSuite integration
- Onboard NetSuite customers and conduct technical demos
- Iterate onboarding and UX for NetSuite customers
- Improve integration performance for high volume accounts
- Improve our development and deployment processes for NetSuite
- Review and test your teammates’ pull requests
- Assist the Customer Success team with highly technical issues
- 2+ years professional development experience with NetSuite via SuiteScript (1.0 & 2.0)
- General knowledge of standard business processes within NetSuite such as order to cash
- Experience with SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) preferred
- Experience with SuiteCommerce Advanced preferred
- Familiarity with connectors such as Celigo, FarApp, MuleSoft, Boomi, and other iPaaS software preferred
- Write code that is maintainable, readable, and follows standards / best practices
- Accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in ERP / eCommerce
- Have remote communication down pat (chat, video, email, etc)
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more