’s remote-only team of 180+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an Information Security Analyst who wants to help us make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
The Information Security Analyst will help grow and maintain our Information Security Program as it continues to mature. This is an individual contributor to our organizational security and governance programs. They understand how to break a project down into sizable, deliverable tasks. This position reports to the Head of Information Security.
Information Security Analysts at TaxJar primarily contribute through the implementation and management of security and privacy policies, processes, and internal and external audits. As our business scales, Information Security Analysts will need to identify risks, adapt to new regulations, and have ownership of changes.
Responsibilities as an Information Security Analyst:
- Develop, maintain, and evolve our security and privacy programs to manage web advertising, and analytics technologies and practices (e.g. cookies and other tracking technologies)
- Advice on complex data protection best practices through consistent analysis, feedback, and follow-through with internal business partners
- Handle privacy inquiries and requests for access to personal information internally and externally
- Perform audits and risk assessments of TaxJar’s systems and vendors to understand privacy implications and make recommendations for vendor best practices.
- Assist with testing and auditing security controls to ensure compliance with SOC2, HIPAA, CCPA, and GDPR frameworks on an ongoing basis
- Keep up to date with privacy regulation changes and advise the team when changes are needed
- Ability to provide recommendations on Data Processing Agreements (DPAs) from customers and vendors
- Perform security vendor reviews for new software/apps, integrations, and/or plugins, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our Security Policies, SOC2, HIPAA, CCPA, and GDPR controls in order to manage and track commitments from partners and vendors
- Assist in creating new policies and procedures according to new compliance requirements
- Track changes to our data governance program and oversees the management of it
- Manage, track, and fulfill incoming Data Subject Requests (DSRs)
- Assist in creating ongoing Security & Privacy Awareness training for employees by vetting LMS courses
- 2-4+ years experience in security and privacy compliance, audit, privacy risk management with hands-on experience in a multitude of compliance initiatives.
- Experience with SOC2, NIST CSF, ISO 27001 preferred
- Deep knowledge of global data protection laws, standards, and associated frameworks (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA)
- Familiarity with cloud-based environments and technologies with associated auditing methodologies.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, CIPM, or CIPT) preferred
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and maintain deadlines with little supervision
- Fast learner and someone who is always eager to learn and adapt (growth mindset)
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation
- Proactively escalate when blocked
- Actively learns and follows process and standards
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company retreats (virtual for now, and fully paid for by us of course)
- 16 Company Holidays + Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Know someone who would be a great candidate for this opportunity? If you send us a referral, we'll pay you $1,000 if we hire them! To refer someone, please email their full name to firstname.lastname@example.org and add “Candidate Referral - [Job Title]” to the subject line once the individual has applied for a role.