TaxJar’s remote-only team of 220+ people is growing quickly. We are looking for an exceptional Product leader to shape and build an empowered product management and design team, become a strong partner to our steering team, and lead us in further reimagining the complexity of sales tax from the ground up with a best-in-class fintech solution.
Our core values:
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
We are looking for an exceptional Product leader to shape and build an empowered product management and design team, become a strong partner to our steering team, and lead us in further reimagining the complexity of sales tax from the ground up with a best-in-class fintech solution.
As TaxJar's Head of Product you will:
- Lead, coach, and hire a growing and diverse team of product managers and product designers
- Become a steward of our product and help us achieve and further evolve our ambitious product vision within the Stripe product portfolio
- Be collaborative and engaged with our engineering, tax and user ops leaders
- Immediately be involved in crafting strategy for the product to fulfill business objectives and clearly prioritize focus of product and engineering teams
- Be accountable for creating and shaping product initiatives that move the business forward
- Communicate and collaborate with all key stakeholders across the company, improving all cross functional product management efforts leading to successful outcomes
- Make decisions through analysis of customer and product data that lead to improvements in Pricing, Churn, Retention, Conversion, Attachment, and NPS
- Understand customer segmentation and identify proper differentiation across products, leading to feature and pricing design
- Work to be viewed as a role model company-wide of the company values, with a demonstrated ability to create followership, inspiration and belief in the future of the business
- 6+ years in SaaS product leadership and product team building
- 3+ years being accountable for key business metrics as a part of your product team’s performance
- Experience delivering complex fintech and API products, technologies, and/or platforms
- In-depth understanding of ecommerce landscape, and ability to quickly learn complex tax domain
- Own product roadmaps and empower your team to update these regularly with key hypotheses and milestones
- Technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
- Ability to distill complex SaaS metrics into product decisions
- Critical thinking skills and ability to draw insight from incomplete data to make final decisions
- Comfort in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Experience and skill at working within a remote or distributed organization
- Capability to attract, hire, and retain a diverse and skilled product team
- Comfort using tools like Jira, GSuite, and Slack to communicate roadmaps and projects information
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- A compelling public speaker. Able to effectively represent the company at retreats, and at industry, educational & conference style events and activities.
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave