Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 13,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page
)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A Senior Product Manager to join our team and help drive the design of our product. We are looking for someone that is comfortable being hands on with the entire product management process, identifying client pain points and championing them through design and development phases. You will work closely with our cofounders and VP of Design on conceptualizing and implementing changes to our product that will drive an increase in trial conversion, and customer success.
In This Role You Will...
- Understand our business strategy and deliver features/products that Shogun clients love.
- Deeply understand the "pain points" that you are tackling through user research and speaking with clients. Define and re-frame user problems for the team.
- Manage the roadmap—recognize and prioritize potential projects from various inputs (user research, client support data, competitive analysis) so the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Collaborate with the founders, designers, and engineers to imagine the future and define solutions to big problems.
- Define a product scope that is focused on the most important use cases with a focus on getting it into users hands as quickly as possible.
- Define quantitative and qualitative success metrics and constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through these measures, both before and after it’s released.
- Deliver world-class software—maintain the quality of the product that your team is responsible for.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
- At least 3+ years of experience in a Product Manager role.
- A strong design background, be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- Proven experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- Conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts (or have analyzed data yourself).
- An entrepreneurial mindset and approach to your work—you're self-driven and you default to action.
- Clear communication skills around of product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, not ad hoc.
- The ability easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class