is hiring a Director of Content to lead its growing, globally distributed team into establishing a major publication for software developers.
Semaphore is a leading platform for testing and deploying code. Our customers are companies across more than 100 countries, from tech industry heavyweights to startups just about to make their dent in the universe. They all need their products to move as fast as possible — and Semaphore enables them to do that.
As a Director of Content, you will have an opportunity to direct Semaphore's content strategy as we significantly expand our reach. You will develop and manage a program that produces a consistent stream of excellent articles, ebooks, podcasts, and videos for developers.
The ideal candidate will have a background in editorial and marketing blended with technological savvy. This role requires an ability to understand software development concepts, be in tune with the latest technologies, and ensure that Semaphore publishes relevant and relatable content.
This is a remote position and we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world.
- Drive a content roadmap that establishes Semaphore as *the* place to go to learn about continuous software delivery.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to align the content calendar with product GTM; partner with Customer Success and Sales to develop sales content and understand target customers.
- Lead a growing team of in-house and external authors committed to publishing a steady stream of content in various formats including articles, ebooks, whitepapers, podcasts, videos, and social media posts.
- Recommend and implement best practices for distributing and optimizing content.
- Analyze content performance and use insights to make better decisions.
- Experience working in a high-ranking position running content strategy and operations, preferably in a startup technology environment.
- Experience in managing a team, and leading that team to the successful accomplishment of its goals, preferably in a remote-first environment.
- Strong technological savvy and a keen interest in software development technologies.
- Mastery of multiple formats and mediums: blog, podcast, video, social.
- Analytic ability to interpret website, blog, and social media data in gauging the success of the business’s content and campaigns and communicate meaningful results to executives.
- Experience in working remotely and thriving in asynchronous communication.
- Nice to have: experience in SaaS or software development tools industry.
Working at Semaphore
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 25 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job.
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture, reflecting that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.