We are looking for talented senior software engineers to help lead us into the future. We use a lot of different languages and technologies, but some of the big ones are Kotlin/Java, Python, TypeScript, React, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
Our team owns the backend infrastructure (primarily Java, Kotlin, or .NET) that acts as an interface or integration point between our core product and other software. As a Software Engineer on the Connectability team at Seeq, you will:
- Develop software that offers seamless integration between our core product and various data sources, focusing on performance, scalability, and ease of use.
- Debug race conditions, threading issues, intermittent bugs, and performance issues that result from complex interactions of different software.
- Work with data pipelines, a variety of data sources, third-party APIs, and SDKs.
- Solve technical challenges that go well beyond our own code (for example, diving into Windows permissions, security, firewall rules, or active directory settings).
- Interact with customers in occasional mission-critical situations, and collaborate in real-time sessions with customer personnel (including IT, business analysts, and engineers).
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion, but the ideal candidate is likely to have many of the following characteristics:
- You’re a team player who really enjoys solving problems and supporting our customers as a key part of their role.
- You look for and contribute value for our customers - you’re not merely abiding by a list of “issues” or “tickets” to be worked on.
- You want to work with the tech stack listed above. You are an expert at one (or more!) of these.
- You’re passionate about troubleshooting and solving real-life scenarios for our customers.
- You’re a relentless investigator - you’re comfortable exploring and digging around in third-party systems with limited documentation or unexpected behavior.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to code, and you love great software design. A well-written API brings you joy.
- You are continuously finding ways to perfect your craft, be a better teammate, and come up with cool stuff.
- You’re disciplined with high attention to detail. You evangelize unit testing, continuous integration, and elegant solutions. You are allergic to bugs and have to take care of them immediately.
- You learn things quickly. You readily explore new technologies and approaches. You listen really well, and you know how to make your ideas heard without turning people off.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- You are up for traveling occasionally to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
- You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
- You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work for a startup with lots of happy customers, good investors, and a bright future.
- You will answer the following question in your application cover letter: “What makes Seeq a good fit for you?”
- We cannot accommodate any applicants that require visa sponsorship. You must already have permanent work authorization for the country in which you reside.
We are organized as a virtual company with a headquarters in Seattle, WA. We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees can be based virtually anywhere as long as they have access to a good office environment and high-bandwidth connectivity.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match Seeq's position description. Please let us know how you will contribute to our mission and our future success.
The Perks of Working at Seeq
- Competitive salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses.
- Many communities around the US are incentivizing remote workers. Seeq's work from anywhere (WFA) policy may enable you to take advantage of these programs.
- Important benefits like this (because we want you to be happy):
- Freedom PTO
- 5-weeks paid Seeq family leave
- Internet and mobile phone reimbursement
- Group term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance pre-tax benefit
- Voluntary vision and dental (ortho)
- 401K company match program
- Vacation bonus program
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous home office allowance
- The best co-workers (we've analyzed the data, so we know it's true)
- Pet-friendly workspace (your dog will be so happy to have you home)
- Loving your job!
Seeq provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.