Customer Success + Support Position (not your typical application)
Headquarters: Delray Beach, FL
View all Salesmsg (SalesMessage.com) jobs →
You know how no one picks up the phone these days?
Or when you call someone and their voicemail says, “Don’t leave me a voicemail. Just text me.”
See, that’s the problem businesses face everyday when trying to reach their leads, customers, and clients.
They’re stuck doing things the old way (calling, voicemailing, emailing) and getting old school results.
The new way to instantly engage with your leads and customers is with text messaging from real local phone numbers.
That's where Salesmsg comes into the picture...
Salesmsg is a two-way text messaging software that help businesses send and receive SMS text and MMS picture messages online or on the go.
"It's like Gmail for text messaging for your business."
We’ve all heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child”, but when it comes to your business, “it takes a team to grow and scale.”
And because we’re growing at a pretty nice clip each month, we need your help to keep this train movin’ to change the way business gets done at SalesMessage.com
// THE POSITION //
We need the most help in this core area…
Customer success and customer support.
Actually, there’s a lot of hats that you’ll be wearing so you’ll need to have lots of different skills to truly thrive in this position.
It’s not a “let me wait for things to happen” kind of job.
If that’s what you’re thinking you can move on and submit your application to one of our competitors. They love slackers. :)
In fact, here’s what we’re all about as a company and more importantly, who this position is NOT for.
// OUR CORE VALUES //
1. We Figure It Out.
If you’re not inquisitive, curious, and goal oriented - this isn’t for you. There’s things that will happen that will require you to dig a bit deeper to “figure it out." So if you’re expecting to let the customer or someone else figure it out for you, wrong company dude.
2. Insatiable Learning.
There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. So if you're not resourceful, then please move on.
3. Keep it Real.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. So if you like to dance around issues and not get to the root of the problem to make the necessary calls... again, you won’t make it here.
4. What’s Next Mindset.
Things are a changin’ and we look to the future to figure out what’s next. How can we improve? What trend is coming/happening and how can we lean in to that? Thinking about the past too much and not searching for ways to improve for the future… I think you know what I’m going to say.
Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
// THE ROLE //
The role is about 20% support (aka: reactive > keeping the customer happy) and 80% success (aka: pro-active > helping customer get success with Salesmsg to stick and love us).
You must be able authorized to work in the USA.
On the SUPPORT side, you’ll be doing things like… (20% of your day)
- Helping customers and potential customers on LIVE Chat (we use Intercom)
- Figuring out the “problem” the customer is having with our software. ("My text didn’t get sent, what happened?")
- Relaying bugs to our development team to get taken care of (we use Jira)
- Creating user stories around customers wants, needs, issues (Jira)
- Responding to email tickets in Zendesk
- Using Stripe to process payments, refunds, and all things billing
- Create systems for tracking bugs, feature requests, and better ways to improve our support process and channel
- Create, edit, and continuously update our knoweldgebase so our customers don’t have to bother you on how to do the simple things.
- Create videos and animated gif's that show people how to DO things (people love walk-throughs)
On the SUCCESS side, here’s some things that you’ll be doing… (80% of your day)
- Design a “health check” sequence, system and process for engaging, checking up to ensure that these new trials get value and see “success” with Salesmsg
- Host group & 1-on-1 demo’s, webinars, and trainings with leads and customers weekly and monthly
- Create surveys and google forms to gain feedback from current customers
- Reach out to “likely to churn” customers to help them get value from Salesmsg
- Engage with cancelling customers and design a system for tracking for later followup.
- Speak with customers on the phone, text message, live chat, email, and other channels to help them with whatever questions they have.
And that’s just a few of the many things you’ll be doing.
// WHAT'S THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE? //
1. You Actually Like People.
You truly have to enjoy speaking with people and working with them intelligently. In fact, you get joy by helping them get the result they want. And if you can’t help them or our product doesn't serve them - you're completely honest and transparent with them, “this isn't a good fit for you and here’s why...”
2. You’re Inquisitive.
You like to figure out how and why things work. In other words, you’re a lover of product and have a burning need to understand the products nuances so you can speak intelligently about it rather than a word bumbler.
3. You Take Initiative.
You are the type that finds things that need improvement and you take action. Like I mentioned before, “you’ll be wearing lots of hats” so if you’re the type that's waiting for me or someone else to tell you what to do, please don’t apply.
4. You’re Goal Oriented.
Like, you actually set goals and create a plan to achieve them. Not like a new years resolution that feels great for 27 hours then you quit. You set out to produce real results and outcomes that are tied to a big fat hairy audacious goal.
Like a big hairy goal ball. #ireallyhatethatBHAGthing
Aka: You get things done and you love the rush of accomplishment.
5. You Enjoy Working Remotely.
Just left your comfy office job and like the idea of “working from home?” I can guarantee that your application won’t get past the first step.
To succeed in this position, you’ve been working from home for a while, know the pro’s, con’s, and have a comfortable + stable place to work from and enjoy it.
6. You’re Hungry To Grow.
It’s true. We’re a fast growing company, but if you’re not interesting in growing, then we can’t serve you. In this growth oriented role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a larger role to potentially lead a team. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow.
So now comes the fun part…
// HOW WE WORK //
- I think it goes without saying, but “We Work Remotely” too.
- We have a real office in Delray Beach, FL two blocks from the beach. (And it's really nice)
- Our team is spread across the USA, Europe, and Asia (Florida, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Philippines)
- We love planning. So each year we get together for a retreat to work backwards to create our Annual Aim, Quarterly Rocks, Monthly Outcomes, Weekly Goals, and Daily Tasks. (It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for now. You can help improve this too.)
- We love EOS. (it's not blockchain) Google it. (and if I ask you and you know what it is > **bonus points**)
- Slack is the way we roll. Gifs are mandatory.
- Our company hours are 9-5 EASTERN timezone as the team is “online” during these hours to help get things done. From time to time there are late nights with a new release so your position may require some later hours.
And most importantly…
// YOU, & THE GOODIES YOU GET AS A TEAM MEMBER //
First, you’ll start out as a contractor for a 90 day "is this a fit" period. If it’s not a fit (for you and the company), we’ll let you know fast so we don’t waste your time to keep you from finding the perfect position somewhere else.
If and when we think that it’s a “fit” you’ll become a salaried employee with good ol' benefits.
- BENEFIT #1: We have a Simple IRA match program. So if you’re into the whole retirement thing and want to put money away, you get this.
- BENEFIT #2: Annual retreats somewhere in the USA. Paid for by the company.
- BENEFIT #3: Medical, dental match program. Need coverage? We got you covered. :)
- BENEFIT #4: Travel to cool events, seminars, conferences, and other places to learn more and promote the Salesmsg brand and company. (We’re sponsoring HubSpot’s Inbound in Boston in Sept.)
And last but not least…
- BENEFIT #5: You'll have an opportunity to directly and globally impact the way messaging gets done for thousands of businesses. My ultimate goal is to give you so much value from your experience with us, that when you look back you can always lean on being “one of the first hires” at Salesmsg. And have it actually bring you clout and credibility throughout your career.
So there you have it.
Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
Oh, and one last thing.
Be fucking different in your application. I’d rather watch paint dry while pulling my nails out, then go through 500 resumes that are boring, bland, and uninteresting.
If you want this position… stand out.
P.S. I don't have all of the answers, nor does anyone on our team.
We're winging it just as much as the other guys. So if you're expecting perfection, you won't find it here.
If you're okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale "as a team" - then, this might be right for you.