Headquarters: Sydney, Australia
Visit company website
View all Rezdy jobs
The engineering and product teams at Rezdy are transforming how we design and build software solutions for our users. We are delivering more value, much faster as we leverage a fine grained microservice architecture approach. This role gives you the opportunity to have an impact on defining the tools, services and principles we use to engineer high quality software for a highly available SaaS platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with an existing high performing, agile product and software engineering team based in Sydney, Australia
- Work with React, ES6, HTML/CSS, TypeScript, Node, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Lambda (initially to rebuild the Rezdy booking experience)
- Collaborate with the wider engineering team on software design and implementation
- Contribute and collaborate on the architecture and organisation of our front-end applications
- Help develop and maintain a component library of design patterns and style guides for use across the platform, in collaboration with design and product teams
- Participate in code reviews and technical design sessions, providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Write code every single day, but also collaborate with the broader business and product teams in planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective sessions
- Own and be responsible for whatever you contribute to building
- Be a resource and a mentor for the engineering team to upskill front-end development practices, approach, tooling, etc
- Play a key role in developing feature specs through collaboration with product and design teams, and you’re comfortable sharing feedback and explaining executional tradeoffs
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Direct experience working with modern reactive frameworks, preferably React
- Good working knowledge with AWS services, e.g. API Gateway, Lambda, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB
- Strong opinions, held loosely
- A guru of Computer Science fundamentals with the ability to apply SOLID engineering principles
- Experience with REST API design, implementation, usage and integration
- You write clean code that you test throughout the development process to ensure quality
- BS Computer Science or equivalent 3rd level education
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working with collaborative, agile teams
- Experience with automated testing
How We Work:
We are a collaborative team at Rezdy so timezone flexibility and crossover will be necessary. We expect 2 - 3 hours crossover Monday to Friday (UTC +10).
We work in an agile environment where communication is extremely important. Having conversations to discuss technical solutions and concepts is part of our daily routine. Sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives are an essential part of how we work.
You will be an influential part of a team of experienced software engineers who care deeply about the quality of the solutions we build and engineering practices we employ.
The hiring process will include an initial, introductory video call, a short technical task and a final technical interview (video call).
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.