Time zones: GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
Direct Hire, Full Time Remote Work
Our small focused team creates software to help hospitals and universities manage clinical research data flows and document management. Our clients are some of the largest, most prestigious clinical research organisations in the UK. We help them organise the development of innovative treatments, devices & processes to solve medical problems for people across the world.
We're offering long-term, full time, fully remote work building a set of exciting brand new features on a mature project plus ongoing function changes and maintenance of the existing stable code base.
- Direct contact with the domain experts to design and develop new features
- Write maintainable Ruby code
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, design to deployment
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring)
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and architecture
Skills we expect:
- 5 or more years with Ruby on Rails
- An expert understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances, including the ability to work with classes that do not inherit from ActiveRecord
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with MySQL & SQL syntax
- Writing of Integration and Unit tests (RSpec)
- Proficiency with Git for code versioning
Familiarity with any of the following would be appreciated:
- ClojureScript (reagent, re-frame)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and organization skills, attention to detail, highly developed critical thinking and pragmatic trouble-shooting.
- A confident command of English for everyday work is required.
Compensation for this role is highly competitive & appropriate to experience.