Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Must be located: Spain, Poland
View all ProFinda jobs →
Ruby on Rails Engineer can be based in Spain, Poland or UK ( 1 Mid-level and 1 Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer roles available)
Headquarters: London, UK
ProFinda is a remote-first software company based in London, UK. We help big enterprises discover the knowledge of their employees and match them to relevant projects, positions and other activities taking place within the organisation. The role is an ongoing contract, 5 days per week remote role with 25 days of holiday per year + UK bank holidays.
We expect at least 50% of your working day to overlap with the UK 9-5 hours, including joining the daily standup every day at 9am GMT/BST in order to support collaboration and pairing within the team but we are respectful of possible time differences in case of remote work and lifestyle-related activities and offer flexible working hours outside the core time spent interacting with the rest of the team.
We are very proud of our team and our team culture. There’s no room for egos on our team, instead we try to provide everything that you need to excel at your role. We do our best to keep interruptions and meetings to a minimum.
As part of your role you will be able to architect and solve complex problems with the best tools you can find. We expect you to be an experienced programmer, with a computer science background or proof that you are a self-educated hacker, well grounded in the core principles of software development and programming languages.
You are proactive with exceptional knowledge of product and team building. When you think a better approach could be taken, you share that knowledge and your reasoning with the rest of the team. You are a problem solver, you are gathering the relevant information to make an informed choice whenever you encounter a problem and then move ahead with the optimal decision. You’ll be comfortable with providing technical direction on projects, pair programming, or assisting other developers, epic coding sessions, getting stuff done to deadlines, inventing new things, and loving what you do.
Skills & Requirements
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RSpec and/or TestUnit, Git
- Cloud, Docker, Amazon AWS, EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Heroku are a bonus
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Jira, Agile Development, Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of machine learning, data science and big data are also a bonus
- Reliable high-speed internet for daily standup via Google Hangouts
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Work in an agile team, taking part in daily standups and weekly retrospectives (Via Google Hangouts)
- Understand the structure of existing applications and how to work with them
- Interact daily with members of your team and other teams within the broader Engineering team (API, UI, Intelligence, QA, Product)
- Review commits of other team members
We value intelligence, creativity and friendliness so you will be working with a friendly innovative bunch who are not afraid of trying new things and doing things differently.