Pressable is a leading provider of managed WordPress hosting. We’re looking for a hardworking developer to help us build the world’s best WordPress hosting service.
As a software engineer with Pressable, you will provide a phenomenal user experience, build advanced tools and integrations, and solve difficult problems with creative solutions as we grow and deliver new capabilities to our customers!
SOME OF THE PROJECTS YOU’LL BE WORKING ON AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM:
- A new frontend control panel to deliver a modern and polished user experience
- A new API that will enable our customers to interact with our platform in ways they never have before
- Data analytics, reporting, and visualization for both customers and internal team collaboration
- Integrations with third-party tools including GitHub and WordPress
- Collaboration with other teams including Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales to automate and improve the customer experience
- Tighter integration with our customer WordPress sites with advanced tooling and abilities from our control panel
- Daily upkeep, maintenance, monitoring of Pressable’s control panel and systems
- A new event system to enable notifications, webhooks, and websocket support with ActionCable
TOOLS AND FRAMEWORKS WE USE:
- Ruby 2.6.6 and Ruby on Rails 6
- Vue.js and Typescript
- Docker and Docker Compose
- Elastic Stack for logging and metrics
- PHP and WordPress
- Git / GitLab / GitHub
- Sass / SCSS
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN AN EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER:
- Passion and interest in learning new technologies and a drive to improve our existing projects
- Comfortable with a fast paced environment and shifting priorities based on the needs of the business
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Take ownership of projects from idea to implementation
- Drive to succeed with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Knowledge of design patterns and organization
- Advanced experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
- Product design and user experience
- Experience with WordPress
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language such as Bash, PHP, or Python
- Advanced proficiency with JS and/or TypeScript
- Experience with React/Redux and/or Vue.js/Vuex
- Experience building REST API’s
- Linux (Debian)
- Open source contributions
HOW WE WORK:
- We iterate continuously and deliver multiple times daily
- Our CI/CD pipeline allows us to deploy from commit to production in ~8 minutes
- Test-driven development with Rspec
- Continuous collaboration with others and prioritization based on customer and business needs
- As a small team, we work together closely and support each other in a positive environment
- We’re continuously looking to improve and learn and welcome new ideas and approaches
AREAS YOU CAN GROW IN WHILE WORKING WITH US:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements
is a new breed of technology company: one-part WordPress managed hosting and one-part services innovation empowering small agencies to giant clients to scale their business on the WordPress platform. Pressable’s platform enhances WordPress with developer tools, cloud management, security, and analytics, so that companies can build and deploy their digital experiences faster than ever.
Pressable is owned by Automattic, the brand behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, WordPress VIP and many others. Founded in 2010, Pressable follows Automattic’s distributed team model with employees all over the world. We engage the most brilliant minds regardless of location and give them the best resources to perform the finest work of their careers.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Matching 401(k)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Work from home
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year).
- Home office setup and coworking allowances.
- Hardware and software, books or conferences that promote continued learning
- Open parental leave
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Pressable. We want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups, and we require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams.
We may invite applicants to complete a limited-time paid trial as part of the hiring process. A trial is a shared opportunity for our team and the applicant to get experience working together to see if we’re the right fit.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to Pressable.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to the following in your cover letter:
- Tell us about an opportunity you identified to improve an existing project. What was your contribution to making the project stronger?
- Describe a time when you took ownership of a project and managed it from idea to implementation. What challenges came up along the way?