Engineering Manager - LA
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
View all NationBuilder jobs →
As a NationBuilder Engineering Manager you will be a leader focused on solving both technical and people challenges. Your responsibility is to lead an engineering team to scope, execute, and deliver on team objectives. You will be required to use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and improve how we work together. You will listen to and provide direct and honest feedback to help yourself and others grow, seek to understand new perspectives to cultivate inclusion on the team, and are never afraid to speak the truth.
You will be actively involved in your team’s work to get things done. You will provide expertise in software design, system architecture, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development and recognition programs. You will work closely with other teams to provide a clear roadmap to your team, and constantly look for ways to improve how we work together, to deliver features that are customer focused and solve real problems.
As part of the technical leadership, you will contribute to the strategic technical roadmap, and to how we onboard, develop, motivate, and retain our staff. You will share the responsibility of maintaining 99.99% uptime, keeping our customer activities and data secure and accessible around the world.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all spectrums - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make change happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
What you'll do:
- Take responsibility for an engineering team to create NationBuilder’s product and infrastructure
- Foster diverse minds and backgrounds to grow an engineering team utilizing strong collaboration to solve complex problems
- Hold others accountable to ensure we are improving how we work and deliver an exceptional product
- Work with technical leadership to review architecture designs
- Coordinate with the product team to set project requirements and milestones
- Be the point of contact for the rest of the company, communicating about progress and taking feedback, and coordinating with other teams for needed resources
Who we're looking for:
- You care deeply about humans and how they work together
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You are excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You have excellent communication, time management, and project management abilities
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams
- You are able to facilitate healthy relationships between engineers and between teams
Our stack is primarily Ruby on Rails, React, and PostgreSQL. We also have Kafka, MongoDB, Couchbase, and Redis. We are working on moving our frontend to React.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this position
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Engineering Manager - LA" and indicate how you found us.