LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe.
Through our award-winning online classroom, we help education entrepreneurs from the individual online tutor to some of the world’s largest tutoring companies, succeed online.
We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel. We're growing fast and need your help.
- Are you reliable, super-organised and positive?
- Are you living in the UK, EU or living UTC -4 to UTC +3?
- Do you have some direct experience in teaching or online tutoring too (this helps just as much as customer support experience)?
This is a unique opportunity for:
- Someone wanting the flexibility of part-time work week (20 - 24 hours a week).
- Someone with a passion for education, possibly an ex-teacher/tutor.
- Someone who likes the idea of working in a small team where you make a difference.
- Someone wanting to learn a new profession or kickstart their next career starting in customer support.
About LearnCube’s Support:
Support is provided via chat and email using Intercom. Support tickets will include requests for product information, sales/upgrade queries, problems/bugs experienced in a classroom, how-to’s and account/payment issues. Support documentation is published on our website via Intercom.
What you’ll do:
- Use our ticketing system (Intercom) to assist customers with any help they need to use our products successfully.
- Escalate issues that need help from another team member and keep tabs to make sure resolution is reached.
- Self-manage our SLA’s and prioritise support for different levels of customers.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, identify bugs, trends and areas for improvement.
- Create and update any customer-facing support documentation.
- Assist the Sales Team to onboard and train new customers using our Online School platform.
- Be involved in pre-release QA to help test new features as well as document them to update customers.
- Collaborate with the team to improve the Customer Support function in the business.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and implement improvements to always deliver high-quality support.
More about the role:
- Part-time contract (we're hiring two people at once so you've got company ;)
- This a remote position so there is no office.
- You can choose your work schedule to fit the hours around your life, family or side-hustle.
- It would be a bonus if you are based in the UK, European Union or living in Eastern Standard Time (Canada, US, Brazil) where we have other team members. We will not be accepting candidates outside of these timezones unless you are a complete standout in the question section of this application.
- We're recruiting for two part-time customer support reps (1 for our American customers and 1 for UK/EU customers) so the role will be more fun, we can support more timezones and our customers get better service.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- A clear, friendly, upbeat, fluent-English writing style.
- Demonstrate initiative; a self-starter with a proactive, positive attitude.
- Ability to self-educate; we work remotely and you’ll need to be able to spend some time learning on your own. But still be able to speak up and ask for help, clarification or support when needed.
- A curious mind that naturally troubleshoots problems with a knack for arriving at solutions and workarounds.
- Single-minded about calming chaos, setting up and following good processes to deliver consistently great work.
- Willing to challenge the status quo in order to make LearnCube better (you're not complacent and when you think something can be done better, you speak up).
- Tech-savvy and familiarity with software tools - we use Intercom, Asana, GSuite, Slack daily (among others).
- You'd connect with our customers more if you've come from a teaching or tutoring background, so please highlight this in your application. We view this as really important.
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d***head policy.
- Do you have a passion for education?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker… in fact, that’s probably a positive :)
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path:
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence located somewhere in UK/European/Eastern Standard timezones.
- A clear career path to lead the Support and Customer Success team, if you want that.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
What's it like to work for LearnCube:
- We are a "remote-first" company with the team spread across UK, Europe and the Americas.
- While we're small, we're also a fast-growing business so there are lots of opportunities to make an impact, contribute to the culture and grow professionally.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- Everyone on the team is a self-starter, contributes, has a valued opinion and is committed to our mission of transforming online education. #nomicromanaging
- As a company, we're transparent with monthly updates on all aspects of the business and as a team, we communicate seamlessly with a mix of meetings with team members, 1:1's, Slack channels and weekly "socials" to keep it fun and give everyone enough face-time.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Please follow this application process and spend time answering the following questions in the application form in order to be considered for the position.
- What makes you excited about the prospect of working with LearnCube?
- Tell us how you tend to troubleshoot technical problems and can you give us an example.
- Tell us about your experience in customer support.
- Tell us in a few sentences about your ideal (remote) work environment and where you'd like to live.
- Tell us about any direct experience you have in tutoring or teaching (this is just as relevant as any customer support experience).