Why work with us
- You want to work on state-of-the-art data challenges
- You will work with founders with experience at leading Silicon Valley companies, backed by top-tier investors, incl. Y Combinator
- You have a passion for decoding human behavior through data
- You want to help democratizing data-driven decisions in product teams
- You are product-minded and customer-obsessed, willing to help drive the roadmap of a data product
Who We Are
Lantern builds a virtual product analyst. It transforms massive behavioral datasets into a feed of simple analytics news. By making analytics usage effortless and accessible, product teams can better understand user behavior and improve their product.
What You'll Do
As an engineer at Lantern, you'll work very closely with the founders to define the future of our product. We highly value ownership and knowing what questions to ask—the ability to take an idea through every stage, from conception to shipping a product. You'll be highly independent and autonomous, at the center of our product development process.
- Build and maintain the state-of-the-art data visualizations provided to our customers.
- Ensure the relevance and readability of all the analytics news and insights provided to our customers
- Design new types of visualizations tailored to our autonomous behavioral analytics use-case
- Instrument and build internal visualizations around how customers consume and react to our insights.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Be part of the founding engineering team, lead discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews
We're looking for someone with
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, designing data-rich applications
- Strong knowledge of Product Analytics (Mixpanel/Amplitude) is a major plus
- Experience with React, Typescript and Node.js
- Experience visualizing data with D3.js or similar visualization libraries (Recharts,...)
- A passion for presenting data and insights in accessible, accurate, actionable ways
- Experience designing products that guide users in making decisions by synthesizing insights from complex datasets
- An online portfolio that you can share with us
- Care about the user experience and passion about building user-friendly web applications
- Experience with engineering practices like continuous delivery, clean code and automated testing
- Ability to develop and maintain robust end-to-end solutions quickly
- Independent and self-motivated—maintaining side projects and libraries is a plus
- Can lead an engineering team and help shaping its culture
- Good English level required
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity
- World-wide remote company with modern practices
- Diverse cross-continent team members
- Retreats every 3 months (once the pandemic situation allows it)
- All the tech you need to have an impact
Lantern is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.