WordPress Technical Lead - Remote
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Must be located: North America
Visit company website
View all Kanopi Studios jobs
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
As a Technical Lead, your day-to-day includes working closely with clients and project managers; planning, documenting, and presenting technical solutions; and being a resource for your peers. You will be hands-on developing and maintaining sites while keeping your team accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Director of Engineering.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of WordPress sites.
- Answering technical questions from others on the team.
- Organizing developers within projects and tasks based on their skills, interests, and areas for growth.
- Looking for ways to encourage the team’s productivity and positivity.
- Assisting teams with estimates and technical specifications.
- Owning the responsibility of the project team’s overall technical approach.
- Writing user stories and technical specifications for potential and current clients.
- Removing roadblocks for your peers.
- Providing architectural vision and a point of continuity for your projects to help developers guide their everyday decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5+ years of WordPress development experience, including writing custom plugins and/or themes.
- Experience leading and working with distributed project teams.
- Experience planning technical solutions and consulting with clients.
- Writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce and present comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Experience partnering with project management to delegate technical tasks, manage change, and surface potential project issues.
- Passion for the web and open source development.
- Inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with modern development tools and methods such as atomic and responsive design, gitflow, container-based environments, task runners, CSS preprocessors, IDEs, and CI/CD platforms
- Awareness of performance, security, and unix server administration.
- Exposure to a variety of project management styles (waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related experience.
We know lists of technical requirements can be overwhelming. We’re looking for candidates who care about doing good work for clients and leading strong teams. If this position sounds good to you, but you’re unsure if your skills are in complete alignment, we encourage you to apply.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.