Are you an awesome PHP developer who is looking for a truly challenging role in a growing dev team? Do you wish to use your coding superpowers for a good cause and help improve the lives of millions of people around the world? Do you want to work with a team that values your insights and contributions to a dynamic product with an exciting future?
We have an exciting opportunity to join a team of senior-level professionals in a diverse, highly organized, result-driven environment where you can thrive personally and professionally. We understand how critical your superpowers are, and don’t believe in making our dev team work on pointless tasks, nor suffer the consequences of technical decisions being made by people in other departments (we know you’ve been there). Instead, you’ll work on stimulating projects in a healthy, collaborative environment where your ideas and time are valued. You’ll be involved in decision-making processes which means there are incredible possibilities for you to take initiative and grow here. In fact, it’s encouraged!
We’re proud to say that we’ve put together an amazing team of unicorns who support, inspire and challenge each other every day, and we are looking for equally talented and like-minded PHP developers to join us.
What you will be doing
You will be working with several teams: back-end devs, front-end devs, designers, content and product managers, as well as our founders, who are also actively involved in the processes.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Help develop back-end of the interaction-design.org platform: new features, refactorings and (rarely) bug-fixing.
- Write clean and maintainable back-end code (incl. our open-source projects and external packages we use).
- Communicate with other teams to clarify specifications for new features and improve existing ones.
- Keep documentation up to date for code you create and change.
- Constantly increase test coverage (we use PHPUnit, Laravel Dusk, cypress.io, and we love TDD).
- Participate in refactoring and continually eradicate technical debt whenever it arises. The goal is the ultimate developer experience.
- Optimize infrastructure (DB, nginx, queues) for better scalability.
- Review code from your colleagues (we love PR reviews as a great way to share knowledge and find optimal solutions for any challenge).
- Actively participate in planning, stand-up and workshop video calls (we have 3 meeting-free days per week for ultimate focus time)
- Regularly ship your code (we usually deploy a few releases per day: zero downtime, just a few clicks).
What we can offer
- Expert-level colleagues who contribute to the Laravel framework and packages from its ecosystem and a founder/CEO who is a developer himself.
- Zero-effort development environment based on Docker.
- Battle-tested guidelines for PHP, JS, CSS and Laravel code.
- Up-to-date domain, product and project documentation.
- Great library of books and courses to keep your knowledge and skills at peak level.
- Smooth and well-organized workflows for collaboration with other teams.
- The chance to work on a popular and industry-leading product with an enormous, global community — as well as a worthy mission.
- Regular video-based contact with your colleagues, and you will get to meet them in amazing locations on team trips 1–2 times a year.
- The chance to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world and put smiles on their faces as you ease their learning journeys.
- The opportunity to supercharge your collaboration skills and communication working across departments and geographies to deliver outstanding results.
- The opportunity to do the best work of your life—if you’re willing to invest the effort that will require.
- A company culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect. Your colleagues will support and help you learn, just like you’ll help them!
- A competitive salary - we pay competitive salaries based on your location and local economy.
- A home office allowance and a laptop to optimize your workspace.
- 5 weeks (25 days) of paid vacation per year to do whatever makes you happy, rested and fulfilled.
Want to learn more about the job and our stack?
Head over to https://www.interaction-design.org/about/careers/senior-php-developer-laravel
We also encourage you to watch this video to learn more about our company culture and what we value most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqsk4ndxnE
How to Apply