Experienced Back End (Elixir) Developer
Headquarters: Philadelphia, PA
Must be located: North or South America
Visit company website
View all Instinct Science jobs
Instinct Science is a Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals. We are gaining rapid early traction and seeking a developer who is looking for a new career opportunity.
The Instinct team consists of veterinary and technology professionals who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry. We encourage a diverse, inclusive, supportive, fun work environment. As a distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate is efficient, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and motivated by working on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape the entire profession. Your geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Technology Used at Instinct:
* React, Apollo, Electron
* Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe, Docker
* PostgreSQL, Redis
* Papertrail, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana
* Github, Jira, Slack
* Develop new and improve existing features
* Build and maintain our API
* Integrate with partner APIs
* Increase our unit and integration testing coverage
* Review PRs
* Help with database maintenance
* Help with integration and deployment DevOps
* Participate in architecture and roadmap sessions
* At least 3 years of professional experience in back end development
* Elixir or Erlang
Preferred experience (will earn bonus points):
* Absinthe GraphQL
* JS / Node, React, Apollo
* Previous remote engineer position, preferably as part of a small team
* Previous work on medical or medical records, veterinary, or financial software
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.