Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last ten years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Manager of Software Engineering to our team.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you’re local. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading a remote team of Software Engineers to be effective and aligned in the design, development, and maintenance of our software application
- Leading the professional development of your team by working collaboratively with direct reports to identify and develop their talents.
- Leading a team that consistently shows high levels of collaboration, innovation, and results
- Being a subject matter expert in your area of technology
- Leading DevOps tasks, documenting designs, story writing, code reviews, unit testing, and automated acceptance testing with your team
- Partnering closely with our engineering, product, and business teams to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcomes for our internal and external customers
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Manager of Software Engineering candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Experience successfully leading a team of Engineers
- Helped interview and built diverse and inclusive teams
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Experience with Golang or other strongly typed languages
- Familiarity with service-oriented architectures
- Excited about delivering quality and are familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
- Experience with third-party API integrations
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and key/value stores
- Experience with messaging and distributed systems
Extra credit for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or related fields
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with various members of our Engineering team.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.