Disclaimer: Don't judge us too quickly! We've made some intentional typos and grammatical errors in this job post. See application requirements for more info.
About HarvestHarvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. For the past 16 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. They’re the reason we’re still in business and we owe it to them to deliver legendary support, provided by the Harvest Experts and Customer Success Managers who make up our services team: wicked-smart human being, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient troubleshooters.
The Harvest team started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 74 lovely faces. We have always been remote-friendly, and are now a completely remote organizations - but we have always hired the best people for the job no matter where they hang their hats. We work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard. And we offer great benefits, including individual performance and company bonuses, a generous vacation policy, paid parental leave, 401k matching, and much more.
Harvest is building out our Customer Success team, and we are looking for a self-motivated, inquisitive individual with a panache for teaching and helping others reach their goals to help us continue our record of legendary customer service, but with a proactive twist.
What’s the job, and what makes it so special?
One of the best parts of joining Harvest at this time is that this function is brand new. There is plenty to learn, lots of space to try new things, and loads to share - both with our customers and with Harvest as a whole. You’ll be part of the human face of the company and will develop a deep understanding of our products and customers. You’ll also partner with our support specialists, product managers, and engineers to help them understand and analyze where customers are having issues. We believe our customers deserve the best of all things, and your curiosity, thoughtfulness, and attention to detail will help make sure they are as successful as possible.
There’s more below on the nitty-gritty of the role, but here’s the short version:
- You’ll love this job if you are curious, delighted to help others, revved up about starting customers down the right path, and excited to offer new ideas and insights as to how we can best do our jobs.
- We’ll love you if your a quick learner who’s also enthusiastic, kind, driven, and so reliable that we can set our watches by how regularly you kick ass.
Not to brag, *ahem*, but this is a really awesome, full-time job. The benefits are great, the working arrangements are flexible, and your coworkers are all crazy-smart, determined, and (above all) kind.
Who should apply?
You have a background in Customer Success, and that’s a great start. Other than that, we want people on our team that bring something new to the table. Our customers aren’t all the same, so why should we be? If your empathy muscles are strong, your presentation skills are on point, and your comma splice game is locked down, you belong here. The Customer Experience org is filled with all different kinds of people - from a former dog walker, to a German translator, to an art curator.
One more thing, and this is a big deal: if you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech (and society generally), please know that we welcome your application with open and enthusiastically-waving arms. We want to meet you!
And while we’re on the topic, if you don’t celebrate people’s differences and don’t value the contributions of those who don’t look, sound, or act like you, Harvest isn’t going to be a good fit. When we come to work, we bring our full selves because that contributes to both the vibrancy and richness of our team. So if you want to work here, you should be actively excited about working with a group of people who strive to be inclusive.
Please note that this is not an entry-level position - we absolutely need someone who has been a CSM before to bring their experience and mastery to bear with our largest customers. However, we do want you to know that there is plenty of room to grow here! Depending on your motivation, experience, and skill development, potential paths for future growth include working as a partner in a development cycle, writing documentation or blog posts, or other support-related projects. If the job sounds exciting to you, please apply!
What will your life at Harvest be like? (SPOILERS: pretty great, but not always a piece of cake)
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of Harvest, Harvest Forecast, and are associated apps and integrations through our intensive training program. You’ll become an authority on all things Harvest because to be able to help our customers, you need to understand the intricacies of our products.
- You’ll engage with trial and paying customers in a variety of ways, such as email, phone, and over Zoom. You’ll help them with things like setting up their accounts, launching Harvest to their organization, demonstrating ROI, and addressing their pain points.
- You’ll take your understanding of Harvest and share your know-how with our entire customer base through the development of blogs and other content (with help from the others!) to help everyone benefit from our CS team’s expertise.
- You’ll help large teams onboard quickly and effectively, and make sure they have the resources they need to have very successful launch.
- You’ll serve as part of the main feedback loop for our large customers to get their requests heard by our product team, and you’ll update your customers when a requested change is implemented.
- You’ll be a great human, and will treat our customers with sincerity, kindness, and respect. You’ll create new ways to impress delight, and surprise them!
- You’ll share your unique perspective when asked for it in various team or company conversations and discussions. As a CSM, your knowledge and insights will be immensely valuable\
- You are skilled at creating strong, trusting relationship with customers and can effectively communicate with people at all levels (from IC to CEO).
- You are skilled at proactively identifying customer needs - even when it is something they may not know they need (yet).
- You’re comfortable operating within a small team - able and unafraid to come up with, test, and implement new ideas.
- You’re an excellent presenter with great verbal and written communication skills.
- You are enthusiastic about joining a CS program in the early stages - you want to help lay the groundwork for our team’s growth.
- You have 4+ years of direct Customer Sucess experience.
- You have a history of successfully helping customers achieve ROI and demonstrating value to your customer base.
- You have experience helping people learn new things - wherever your experience comes from, you have a demonstrated ability to help others learn.
- You've helped train new customers as they're getting started with a product to ensure they're set up for long term success.
- You have an inquisitive mindset (perhaps you were/still are that kid that always asks “why?”). If a customer says something, you don’t just let it blow by - you always look for the opportunity to learn more, because you know it will help you help them become more successful.
How to apply
- Tell us a bit about yourself, why you you’d make a great Customer Success Manager, and why you want to work at Harvest.
Please include the following with your application
- We made 10 grammatical mistakes or typos in the job post. Let us know what they are!
At Harvest, our compensation consists of three main components:
- A competitive base pay: Every Harvester with the same role expectations receives the same base pay. And we aim to pay at the top of the market (informed by third-party data) for all roles.
- Individual and company performance bonus plans: We believe in rewarding performance, so all Harvesters are eligible to receive an individual and company performance bonus after working with Harvest for a period of time.
- Competitive benefits*: We offer a number of benefits, including
- 15 days of vacation in your first year, plus company holidays and a week off for winter break. And you’ll get an additional two days per year until you reach twenty days.
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- A yearly budget for your professional learning and development goals.
- 401k planning with a 6% company match after three months with the company.
- 16 weeks of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year, as well as a virtual platform providing support across fertility, pregnancy, and adoption through your first year of parenting.
- A charitable giving matching program to support your contributions to your favorite charitable organizations.
- And much more…*Some of the benefits described are only available to U.S.-based Harvesters. Benefits information for non-U.S.-based Harvesters will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.