Firstbase.io is hiring a Senior Full-stack Engineer to be an important member of our small nimble product team. You will be expected to wear many hats and help make influential product decisions.
You lean toward the back-end, but consider yourself full-stack. You will write plenty of code, but also oversee software projects, test and debug code, and lead other engineers and developers. You should obsess over delivering the best customer experience to a global market of founders, ensuring simplicity and clarity.
Who we are
(YC W21) is a VC-backed tech startup dedicated to promoting business in the worldwide economy.
We are helping founders launch in the US and access the greatest startup ecosystem on the planet. We have served entrepreneurs from over 140 different countries across a wide spectrum of industries.
What you will do
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Review and debug code
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Work with product and design to define, shape, and plan deliverables.
- Translate product requirements into engineering stories.
- Help organize work, plan sprints and oversee the development process.
- Provide estimates based for suggested product deliverables.
- Make technical decisions following best practices.
- Identify and resolve technical risks to the product and business.
- Interview future engineering hires.
- Hire contractors for projects (when necessary).
We are looking for
- Hard-working and dedicated team player that needs little to no supervision, but enjoys working a team toward a common goal.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in the unknown.
- Ability to communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Demonstrated collaboration with product managers, designers, other engineers to drive outcomes.
- Experience in a similar role at a high-growth startup.
- Proficient in English, both oral and verbal communication. We are remote-first, however building a culture that communicates well with one another independent of location is crucial.
- Preferred location between GMT -5 to GMT+3, but not required.
Our product is built using PHP, Symfony, Vue, PostgreSQL, AWS. We also use Redis, Vue Router, Vuex, Docker Compose, Docker, GitLab CI, and Graylog, and some third-party API's like Stripe.
We use Slack, Clubhouse, Notion, Whimsical, Figma, and G Suite to collaborate and build together.