Are you a Graphic Designer who’s passionate about creating amazing content?
If this sounds like you, we’re looking for an Eight Clients Graphic Designer who would love to work...
- from anywhere in the world
- on your own set hours
- with exciting FMCG, Hospitality & Lifestyle brands that align with you
- in a flexible environment built on mutual respect and accountability
We’ll tell you all about it, but first, here’s a little bit about us.
We are a Melbourne-based social media agency, founded on the principles of ‘fewer clients, more results. We only work with brands that we love so that we can deliver the best results.
Our vision is to build a company where we all love what we do. For that reason, we do our best to pair passionate professionals with brands they love. We pride ourselves on an environment that’s based on mutual respect, accountability and passion. We eagerly seek diversity of background and skillset and are focused on the alignment of attitude and energy. We’re a flexible working agency so you can work hours and locations that suit you.
We value ideas, passion, and drive. Our people come from a range of backgrounds: big-shot ad agencies, crisis management, site-specific theatre, photography, one of them wrote an honours thesis on #foodstagram, another one is famous in Germany. You get the picture.
Our Core Values
We approach problems with solutions and a positive attitude. We see challenges as opportunities for growth.
We have empathy for others and respect our unique perspectives. We create a safe space for sharing ideas. No idea is a bad one!
We want to see each other succeed and offer help when we can. We see feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work with brands that we are passionate about – they are part of the team!
We all care enough to step outside of our day-to-day responsibilities to find solutions and improve. We are empowered to create our dream jobs, even if it means not taking on clients that we are not passionate about.
5 Reasons why you should be our next Graphic Designer
1. You get to love what you do
Our agency was built on the philosophy of ‘loving what you do’. Because how else are you going to create awesome work?
As our Performance Marketing Manager, you’ll be assigned work that genuinely interests and excites you. Our agency is very creative so you have free reign to come up with strategic ideas for your clients and make them happen! We’re open to any suggestions about your processes and/or workload so you can create your dream job.
2. You get to work with an optimistic team that values you and your work
Eight Clients is made up of an outstanding collection of weirdos who make it a point to find the bright spots. Humans aren’t wired to focus on the positive, but we’ve trained ourselves to go against the grain. After years of being an agency, we found that it’s always productive to focus on what is working well and do more of that.
We channel this positive mindset into celebrating your every win, however small it may be. Chat us up on our #milestones Slack channel about the amazing client meeting you just had or the delicious pot roast you made for dinner and we’ll be cheering you on either way.
3. You can work remotely and own your hours
Plan on working from a beachside villa in Bali? Awesome. That’s 100% possible with our remote working policy. We love for our employees to live amazing lives and want you to feel free to work from anywhere.
We’re also super flexible with time. All we care about is that you're happy and the clients are happy. As long as you get your work done on time and to a high standard, we don't care about where you're working or what hours you're working.
If you are in a different time zone, we’ll set up a meeting and agree on working hours. Ideally, skew them towards Melbourne hours.
4. There’s tons of opportunity for growth
One of the perks of working for a small but rapidly expanding team is the opportunities for growth and promotion. As we scale our business, we’ll need to fill higher positions- and you can bet we’ll be looking at you. In the meantime, you’ll be exposed to big global and local clients across several industries, which really wouldn’t hurt your resume 😎
We also offer extensive Instagram and Facebook ads training courses, to which you will have full access to grow your client’s accounts. If you want to take a course on something innovative and new within the digital space, let us know! We’re all ears.
5. You get to prioritise your mental health
We take your well-being seriously here. We acknowledge that you aren’t a machine that’s meant to be smashing at a desk for 8 hours straight.
That’s why we’re currently offering unlimited mental health/sick days to help support the team during Covid-19 lockdowns and beyond. So you’ll be free to take that mental health break if you need to! No questions asked here.
All of our employees are also entitled to $500 per year to spend on whatever you like in relation to supporting your holistic wellbeing. Whether it’s workout gear, a visit to your mental health professional or a subscription to Knitting Mag, there’s no judgement from us.
We believe that when you are at your best mentally and physically, you’ll be doing your best work. Repeat the cliche after us: self-care isn’t selfish.
The Eight Clients Graphic Designer closely collaborates with our Account Managers to create content for our client's social media accounts. The Animator and Graphic Designer must be creative, innovative and personable in order to meet expectations. Click here to check out our agency Handbook
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
- Design a wide variety of creative assets and marketing collateral for social media, websites, presentation decks, print, etc.
- Create graphic material in different mediums such as static social media posts
- Understand briefs from different clients to capture their vision
- Ensure that graphic materials are in line with the clients’ branding
- Assist Account Manager in conceptualizing visual content
- Collaborate with Account Managers and clients to ensure brief and time frames are met
- Conceptualize and create graphic assets for our internal projects
- Lead the creative direction over projects when necessary
We’d love it if you had...
- Proven experience as a Graphic designer in an agency set-up
- Demonstrable experience in graphic software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Animate, and other similar programs.
- Updated knowledge on the latest design and industry developments
- A strong portfolio showing creative, design and software skills
- Please only apply for this job with the subject line as 'DESIGN' so we know you've paid close attention to this ad
- The ability to set priorities and work with minimal supervision
- An eagle-eyed attention-to-detail and the ability to think big picture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Outstanding organisational skills
- A love for dogs (a plus!)
Please email us your CV and examples of your work in your portfolio. Only use the subject line DESIGN so we can sort emails automatically.