Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
View all DataQuest jobs →
At Dataquest, we teach data science to a community of hundreds of thousands of students from all across the world. Our students learn by analyzing real data, and eventually build projects on topics ranging from predicting the stock market to finding the best NBA players. Students all over the world have landed exciting new jobs at companies like SpaceX, Facebook, and Microsoft by using Dataquest. You can read more about our philosophy here, and learn more about what our students think here.
We’re looking for someone who can increase our impact by engaging students early on through content marketing. Currently, this primarily happens through our blog and Q&A sites like Quora. We’re looking for someone who can understand the broader data science landscape, create audience personas, and create a content strategy for targeting those personas. This content strategy will be executed by yourself, our internal content team, and external authors that we collaborate with. You’ll use conversion data to determine if the strategy was successful, and iterate if needed.
We view content marketing as a lead-in to our learning content, and we’d like to move towards our blog being a part of our product. Ideally, you’ll be able to coordinate with our content team to ensure that launches are coordinated. For example, if we launch a new course on machine learning, there’s an opportunity to our blog to target student personas that would be excited about machine learning.
The content you help create will drive more students to sign up for Dataquest, and more signups to turn into subscribers. We're looking for someone who's data-driven, passionate about education, and able to understand the motivations of our students.
Dataquest is growing quickly, and this is a chance to join a small team working on a large, socially impactful, problem. You'll have an opportunity to create and iterate on a high impact marketing program.
- Devise KPIs and goals for our content
- Create audience personas that our content could be targeted towards
- Create content targeting those personas
- Coordinate with our internal content team to build excitement around course launches
- Audit and improve the search rankings for our blog posts
- Coordinate internal and external authors, and ensure that we’re creating value-added marketing content
- Analyze and consider trends in the data science market in order to best position our brand and products
- Evaluate performance using feedback from students as well as relevant KPIs
- Become well acquainted with what we teach and how we teach it
- Ability to iterate on content marketing strategy using data
- Experience managing an editorial calendar
- Experience with SEO
- Familiarity with analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Familiarity with messaging tools like Intercom and Mailchimp
- Experience working with data to drive marketing decisions
- Proven experience with writing clear and direct blog posts
- Experience focusing on revenue and performance metrics
At Dataquest, you'll get:
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The chance to work with an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions
- A supportive environment where you can get help
- The ability to work remotely and autonomously
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits if you're in the US
- A 401(k) plan
- The chance to work at a fast-growing company at an early stage
This is a full-time remote role.