Director of Account Management
Aha Media Group
Headquarters: Silver Spring, MD
View all Aha Media Group jobs →
- Serve as the direct liaison for all Account Managers and accounts with responsibility for retention and growth
- Advise account managers and implement processes that support the overall success of the account management team
- Go above and beyond to ensure excellent service and product quality throughout the complete client journey
- Understand and evaluate prospect and client needs and be proactive in providing solutions and building relationships
- Keep regular contact with all client accounts at a high-level to understand the client experience and potential areas of improvement
- Tracks key metrics including customer satisfaction, retention rate, revenue growth and relationship growth within existing clients
- Identify new opportunities from existing accounts, partnering with business development team to increase revenue
- Attend networking events and actively pursues other revenue-generating activities
- Stay abreast of content strategy, content marketing and copywriting best practices, sharing relevant insights with clients
- Manage the project resourcing process after sale as quickly as possible, including assigning the appropriate Account Manager and Junior Project Manager, and working with the Talent Manager to assign writers, editors and content strategists
- Own complex projects and oversee the day-to-day movement of large projects with many moving pieces
- Evaluate content quality and performance of editorial team members, triage client issues whenever necessary
- Use digital technologies to support account management, such as Harvest, Basecamp, TeamGantt and Salesforce
- 7+ years of account or project management experience ideally in a digital marketing or editorial environment
- Experience managing accounts of healthcare, health insurance or financial services clients
- Dynamic personality with a positive, can-do attitude able to work well with a variety of audiences, from executive-level clients to contractors
- Natural relationship-builder; you like people and people like you
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, decisive environment where you'll have a lot of autonomy and be expected to be a manager of one
- Able to successfully work from home and travel domestically when needed
- Write and communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, balancing client deliverables and timelines on multiple projects as well as internal obligations
- Talk the content talk, have a genuine and proactive interest in content strategy and general understanding of the marketing landscape
- Above and beyond, no matter what, every single time: We hire exceptional people and expect them to deliver their very best-every time.
- Meaningful work, meaningful life: We put in the time we need to get the job done in the best way possible, and then we go home to the people and hobbies we love.
- Be impeccable with your words and your intentions: We are respectful and direct communicators who say the things we mean and mean the things we say.
- Stay curious longer: We approach every challenge with a fresh perspective and explore new approaches and solutions.
- Always be learning: We focus on continuous learning and self-improvement.
Apply for this position
If you are interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should show that you have experience and knowledge about how to do this. (Please put a number 6 in a P.S. on your cover letter.)