Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
SimpleTexting is a SaaS company that makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to text their audience. Our customers use us to send marketing campaigns, important alerts, and have two-way sales and customer support conversations. Over the last decade, we’ve helped countless organizations better communicate with the people most important to them. We continue to set ambitious goals and are looking for someone who can help us meet them.
SimpleTexting is proudly part of Sinch, a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base. Sinch’s APIs and platform deal with over 145 billion engagements annually. Enterprise customers include 8 out of 10 of the largest US tech companies by market capitalization, major airlines, banks, retail, e-tail, internet, ride-hailing, parcel delivery companies and more.
Are you someone that laughs at the thought of GPT-3 and AI ever replacing you? Do you detest lazy writing, cliches, and brands that write like their only audience is Google’s crawlbot? Can you find an interesting angle when writing about even the most mundane topics?
If you’re nodding your head enthusiastically, then you may be our newest Content Writer.
There are run-of-the-mill content gigs and then there are career changing opportunities. We think this is the latter because:
- Our “content culture” is strong at SimpleTexting. Our Executive Leadership team knows the importance of investing in content.
- There are clear goals and you won’t have to question the impact you're making.
- There is room to experiment (and fail). You won’t hear “but this is the way we’ve always done it.”
- We want you to grow as a marketer. The best content marketers excel at SEO, audience research, and UX. We’ll help you improve your skills in all three areas.
In short, you’ll play an integral role in our vision of becoming SMBs most bookmarked resource for improving customer engagement.
$60,000 - $70,000 USD annually. Salary will be evaluated based upon experience.
- Publish 2-3 long-form (1,000+ words) pieces per week. Most of the time you’ll be writing about marketing, and you’ll be doing it in-depth to help our audience get max value. 👏
- Refresh articles to improve their freshness and relevance.
- You’ll interpret and implement recommendations from our SEO agency. This could be anything from improving title tags and meta descriptions to a featured snippet optimization.
- Help with other marketing projects as needed (e.g. copy for an email or landing page, webinar decks, and more).
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- You have 3+ years of experience writing amazing, long-form, SEO-friendly articles. Bonus points if you have SaaS experience.
- You are a content marketer first and foremost, not a writer. You know why this distinction is important.
- You have strong working knowledge of SEO. You know the difference between a 301 and 302 redirect.
- You can balance meeting content production quotas with quality writing and research.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple writing projects at once.
- You have intimate knowledge of tools like SEMRush and WordPress.
- You take pride in your work and your attention to detail.
- You’ve worked in a remote environment.
Our values of Dream big, Win together, Keep it simple and Make it happen are what make us successful on our journey to be the global leader in customer engagement for SMBs, so people who feel a connection to these values and like the pace of a fast-growing global company will easily fit into our team. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds to be their authentic self and bring their values into their work. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better our success will be. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to Reward+ program
- A day off for your Birthday
- Generous time-off policy - take the time you need to operate at peak performance.
- Excellent medical benefits, including multiple medical, dental & vision plans to meet your personal needs
- Coaching and ongoing career development
If you're looking for your next opportunity in your career and want to work for a growing tech company, then apply now!