Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Location: Remote (US)
As a full stack developer you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and our awesome customers. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Basically, come up with elegant solutions to complex problems.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience working with ruby and back-end integration techniques. Ultimately, a qualified ruby on rails developer can create clean, functional code for our company. Oh and maybe this comes without saying, but you have to be tech savvy and love what you do!
Who We Are
Estimate Rocket is a Mobile first SaaS application for service contractors that manages their projects from lead to paid, and lets them get work done from anywhere. The project encompasses CRM, Estimating, Scheduling, Invoicing, Payment processing and much more. Basically our job is to help companies take their business to the next level through systems and technologies!
What You’ll Be Doing
* Turn specs and reported issues into scalable, production-ready code using TDD and other best practices
* Identifying solutions to technical issues such as changes to infrastructure, reading logs and exceptions, and creating specs from user-reported issues
* Designing and implementing robust applications
* Debugging applications to ensure low-latency and high-availability
* Ability to collaborate both internally and externally to discover new solutions
* Ability to communicate ideas and solutions effectively in order to be able to come to agreement on direction and plans
* Ability to be self-motivated, manage time and priorities well, and forecast the time and effort that a feature might take
What We Are Looking For
* BA degree in engineering, computer science, other related field or previous experience within similar role
* 4+ years experience building Ruby on Rails applications; with samples available upon request
* Proficiency/familiarity with code versioning tools and the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Git and Github
- Unix based operating systems
- Or equivalent
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong commitment to user experience and customer satisfaction
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to be self motivated, and well organized in a distributed working environment
* Excited to learn new technologies and quickly jump into unfamiliar territory
* Write high quality, well-structured code, tests, and commit messages
* History of shipping successfully released applications (please include names and links on your resume)
* Must be located in US
Why Work With Us
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* Short Term/Long Term Disability
* EyeMed Vision Care Plan
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Sick Days
* Bereavement Leave
* An Exciting and Supportive Work Environment
PLUS MORE PERKS: On top of these benefits, we also offer exciting perks! Including, our charitable giving program, holiday gifts, a home office set up (for our remote staff), and an employee referral program.
Our Core Values:
Blow Em Away - leave a great impression.
We've Got Your Back - We care about our customers, we care about our colleagues and we care about what we are creating.
Enjoy the Ride - Looking for the best in every situation will always yield a better outcome.
Clear is Kind - Unclear is Unkind. Don’t be afraid of tough conversations.
Estimate Rocket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic.
2 Easy Steps to Get Hired:
1. Apply here: https://www.careers-page.com/top-talent-consulting/job/L3WY55VW
2. If you are qualified, you will be sent an assessment for you to complete and a link to schedule a video interview.