The Technical Lead role works closely with our CTO to oversee and participate in the end-to-end delivery and maintenance of our custom made digital products. This includes tasks such as conducting research, identifying risks, developing work schedules and experimenting with technology to directly influence the design and architecture of the platforms we deliver.
At Browser, our project teams comprise of a core team of engineers, designers and management, with a number of contract specialists contributing to each project. Our teams work in two-week agile sprint cycles, with support at each milestone from a cross-functional crew that includes engineers, designers, and product owners. The Technical Lead forms a core part of the team, especially during the early research and development technology workshops where they help to define the direction and progression of the product.
The role of the Technical Lead is inherently cross-functional and requires close collaboration with the engineering, design, strategy and management teams to help direct key decision making, particularly when it comes to technical direction and guidance. This gives you the opportunity to work alongside a diverse roster of skill sets that will enhance your understanding of end-to-end product delivery.
The role also requires a deep understanding of technology and an enthusiasm to experiment and test to ensure the right decisions are made. Making confident technical decisions with an open mind to future development is critical to the success of the role.
- Interpreting client briefs, determining the requirements, and responding to technical queries throughout the process
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to identify risks and ensure projects are completed to a high standard
- Reviewing training sessions, workshops, and meetings to discuss improvements
- Experimenting with new tools, technologies and approaches to evaluate their suitability and value
- Developing the technical approach and complex system architectures, and writing and delivering production-ready code
- Maintaining client products and performing troubleshooting as required
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Extensive experience with Symfony, Laravel, or similar backend frameworks
- Experience writing complex SQL
- A good understanding of Docker, AWS or Azure, and industry-standard services
- Comfortable in using the OSX or Linux command lines
- Experience with technologies such cache servers (Redis) and Message Queues
- Experience designing clear RESTful APIs
There’s an opportunity to:
- Operate at a director level within the business and contribute to key decision making about the business direction, growth, and values as we progress forward
- Lead the development of client product alongside our Head of Product, this will include directing and building your own team to support each product development