Senior Software Engineer for Digital Health Startup
Posted Dec 7
Headquarters: Houston, TX
Company & position overview
BrainCheck is an innovative cognitive health technology company co-founded by neuroscientists Dr. David Eagleman and Dr. Yael Katz. The company recently completed its post-seed fundraising and has market traction with schools and athletic teams, physicians offices, and hospitals. The startup team is operating out of Texas Medical Center’s Innovation Center (TMCX+) in Houston.
As we scale our user-adoption and build out exciting new features in the application, we are looking for an experienced engineer to join the team and help drive product innovation. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver who can respond quickly to changing business needs. If this sounds like you and you’re excited to solve big challenges at the cutting edge of healthcare, then reach out and let’s talk.
Only US/Canada/LATAM-based applicants please, for ease of collaboration
- Feature development and maintenance for codebases in Ruby on Rails, Unity, and Ember.
- Maintenance of the automated testing and deployment systems (Jenkins and Travis).
- BrainCheck app deployment and management on AWS.
- Integrating partner apps, such as health monitoring and EMR platforms, with BrainCheck systems.
- Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment a must
- 5+ years of experience working as a software developer
- Test driven development procedures and tools
- Familiarity with Unity3D and/or Rails a big plus
- Use of AWS technologies, including EC2, CodeDeploy, and S3, a plus
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining iOS and Android apps a plus
Working at BrainCheck:
- Join a vibrant team, collaborating to pioneer cognitive health
- Early-stage startup with significant upside potential
- Headquartered at TMCX+ – home to dozens of the most innovative startups and innovation labs in the healthcare industry
- We work hard but have a lively culture
- Competitive compensation consisting of cash and equity
More about the Company
BrainCheck takes gold-standard neurocognitive tests and turns them into mobile interactive games, providing a snapshot of an individual’s cognitive health in about 10 minutes. Our current market offering, BrainCheck Sport, assesses cognitive deficits associated with concussion in sports and athletics, and we also have a direct to consumer version available for iPad and iPhone. Our newly released BrainCheck Memory assesses cognitive and memory impairment associated with dementia, and we are developing a generalized cognitive health tracking tool for the healthy population. BrainCheck has reinvented the process of cognitive assessment to be faster, less expensive, and as reliable as conventional methods.
BrainCheck was developed at the Eagleman Neuroscience Laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. David Eagleman has done groundbreaking work on neurocognitive assessment, and he is also a public educator, authoring New York Times bestselling books and appearing regularly on television (most recently PBS’s series The Brain with David Eagleman). David is joined by CEO, Dr. Yael Katz, neuroscientist and technology executive, and a team of ten outstanding individuals in product, software development, clinical research, marketing, business development, and sales.
Apply for this position
Send a resume and short note to email@example.com