DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer (DE, DK, FR, IT, NL, SE or UK)
Posted Dec 5
Headquarters: Bellevue, WA
This is a remote position but you must be resident in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden or UK. We would also accept those willing to relocate but can not provide visa sponsorship for this role. No agencies please.
- Understand why we try to automate everything
- Will help us create the vision of things we should do in the future and then do them
- Are someone who wants to grow their skill set by using newer technologies and investigating what will take us to another level
- Love to fix things when they are broken and do what you can so they don’t break again
- Want to work across a lot of different infrastructure technologies (only limited by your skills or interest)
- Have some datacenter experience such as racking servers, cabling, troubleshooting
- Are a motivated self-starter who can work effectively as part of a remote team
- Are resident in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden or the UK. We would also accept those willing to relocate but can not provide visa sponsorship for this role.
We are a globally distributed team of engineers whose job is to make sure that our infrastructure is fast, reliable, efficient, and secure so that Apptio’s SaaS offerings can be used to thrill our customers. Examples of recent team accomplishments include:
- Automate deployments of various customer facing software products across the organisation
- Re-architecture of network topology as well as a rebuild / upgrade
- Deployment of Kubernetes in Lab environment
- Refactoring of MySQL backup strategy in order to better support hundreds of large database instance
What we want you to do:
You will be a member of our globally distributed technical operations team and will contribute to EMEA business hours coverage as well as working on longer term projects. Our environment consists of both co-located hardware as well as cloud deployments. We work with everything from the hardware through to the application, taking care of operating systems, supporting software, monitoring, metrics and logging.
- Expertise in Linux/Unix (Red Hat/CentOS a plus) and bash scripting
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Ruby, or Go
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving issues during outages
Experience with and/or serious interest to learn one or more of the following is very valuable:
- Coding against API’s for infrastructure automation
- Containers (Docker, OpenVZ, Virtuozzo)
- Continuous integration and automated deployment techniques
- Cloud deployment technologies such as Terraform and Cloudformation
- Distributed Systems
- Distributed Storage Systems such as Parallels Cloud Storage, Hadoop, Ceph, or similar
- Messaging Queues (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Monitoring tools such as Sensu, Nagios, Splunk or Grafana
- Virtualization (KVM/QEMU)
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimise their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers, including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT.
Apptio is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.