Candidate Rater -- interested in startups and software engineering
Posted Jun 13
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We are a small, rapidly growing and well-connected Silicon Valley startup. We’re looking for an intelligent generalist who loves learning (especially about technology).
Initially, you’ll be evaluating resumes to determine how good a candidate is at programming. We’ll teach you what to look for, and encourage you to learn about all technologies, trends, buzzwords, etc. to help you improve your judgment. We’ll work closely with you to improve the interface you’re using to make it more efficient and fun. : ) Over time, you’ll be helping us figure out how to use machine learning to apply the right labels to candidates.
Since we’re tiny and growing quickly, there are lots of opportunities for you to grow into other roles. You'll work closely with the founders (you'll have our cell phone numbers and can call at any time), and your feedback will have significant impact on how we build the business. This role is contract/part-time, but with the goal of growing into full-time if you’re a good fit.
Please contact us if you’re:
- Eager and excited to learn about programming and other technology
- A scrappy, motivated self-starting learner
- Super detail-oriented
- Experience or familiarity with programming / programming languages, libraries, frameworks, etc. You don’t have to be a good or experienced programmer -- even having spent 30-40 hours total learning about it is enough.
- Ability to read quickly
In your application, please include the following:
- A description of any prior experience with programming languages/libraries/frameworks/etc. (if you don't have any, simply state that)
- Why you want to do this job
- Why you think you’d be a good fit for this role
- Your 3 favorite books, along with what you default to reading about
- What you like to do in your free time
Job Type: Contract
Other keywords: intelligent generalists, human resources (HR), technical recruiting, technical sourcer