Posted Mar 16
Headquarters: New York, New York
- WordPress is a key part of our technology landscape, as are React, Node.js, and webpack. You should be experienced with some of them, or ready to learn them and be able to demonstrate your ability to do so.
- Alley Interactive prides itself on its ability to address unusual, novel, and complex problems that deal with the intersection of technology, business, and content production. You should understand and be able to discuss web technologies and systems conceptually, and be able to demonstrate that you can learn a new language, technology stack, or framework quickly and on demand.
- You should feel comfortable at a Unix command line, even if you aren't an expert.
- You must know your way around git and understand version control well, and be able to carry out typical operations with it, including branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing your peers’ code yourself.
- We apply Scrum as a development methodology, and broadly endorse Agile as a philosophy. You should be open to working this way as well, and significant experience doing so before is a plus.
- You should also have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with both team members and clients.
- Discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a positive attitude about documentation, tickets, and issue tracking, are all very important "soft skills" for our developers to have.
Apply for this position
Apply on our website at http://jobs.alleyinteractive.com/apply/SAPhQlxMFM/Software-Developer?source=wwr . Please be sure to include samples of code that you've written with your application for this position.