Zeta is a financial institution for the modern-day family. We believe that mastering your money together is a core skill for every relationship. Using a combination of technology, support and advice, we want to help 130 million American families who deserve better. From learning to combine your finances to paying for down debt together, saving for your first house to prepping for child #1, Zeta’s mission is to help couples and families thrive.
Today, we’re focused on building products that help couples master money together, starting with our award-winning Money Manager
. More recently, we launched Joint Cards
, which are a combination of a joint account and two debit cards for couples to more easily bank together.
Zeta is a venture-backed startup that includes investors from Venmo, PayPal, Chime, Square, Google, Facebook and more. You can read our full founding story here
What You’ll Be Doing: We need your help in building simple, elegant and affordable tools to help couples gain insight into their money. We’ve already begun creating products, data systems, UIs, and mobile apps but there’s still a lot of ground to cover. This is a full-time role with the company with the following responsibilities:
- Building our mobile applications that help couples master their money together
- Contribute to the features, engineering and data architecture for our apis, web and mobile apps in partnership with the rest of the product team
- Work closely with our product manager, designer, head of engineering and other team members to create amazing experiences for our customers in an agile work environment
- Be an owner in technical decision making and user-first implementation.
- Help lead our client-apps team into our next stage of growth
At Zeta, no two days are the same and no week is a week without positive impact to the product and our users. You would be actively contributing in solo work as well as in collaborative settings. You would participate in the product build and more importantly to the growth of the organization, your colleagues, and yourself.
Who We’re Looking For: We’re looking for a passionate person to bring their expertise to our team and to help Zeta grow. We’re interested in humans who are excited by grit, building from scratch and continuous iteration.
- Experience developing mobile applications in a previous role with examples
- Demonstrated experience developing cross platform
- Experience with native mobile languages (Swift, Java, Kotlin, etc)
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative development process
- Demonstrated experience owning features from early idea through implementation
- Experience working in in new product development
- Experience in early-stage startups (this isn’t a job for the faint of heart)
- Knowledge of software testing tools and building automated test suites
- Someone with strong experience both in Native languages as well as React Native
- Strong comfort taking existing mobile applications and bringing them to the next level.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of mobile development cross-platform
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintainable, testable, well architected code.
- Comfort with early stage feature requirements and owning the development in collaboration with the product team
- Experience with build pipelines, OTA delivery, and submission to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Experience as a tech lead, team lead, principal dev, etc
- Personal project management skills
- Familiarity integrating with GraphQL
- Have Apps currently in the App Store
- Having previously worked on a financial services product
- Design & UX competency
Our current mobile stack is React Native (iOS and Android) built on Expo. We’ll be migrating & rewriting our apps into full native experiences over time, starting with ejecting from Expo to the bare workflow and ramping up our native tooling from there.