Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join our Toggl Hire team. This is an opportunity to be part of something groundbreaking and make a significant impact. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with cutting-edge technologies, and want to contribute to a project that values creativity and execution, then this role is for you.
Gross annual compensation for the role is €66,000 and we are committed to reviewing salaries every year based on company and individual performance. In addition to that, we also have awesome benefits, which you can check out below.
You can work from anywhere in Europe.
About Toggl Hire
Toggl Hire is a skills assessment platform designed to streamline the hiring process for companies and job seekers alike. We are big believers that modern-day recruiting should be effortless and enjoyable. That means no more resumes or cover letters, no more endless hours screening through applications, no more interpreting past roles into current experience, no more bias and gut feeling, but informed decisions based on demonstrated skill.
About the Team
We are a fully remote team, with 19 people working from 13 different countries around Europe. We are highly skilled, highly motivated, and most importantly, a fun, friendly bunch. We value transparency, communication, and results over effort and excuses. We have regular in-person meetups in Europe every 3 months or so.
P.s. We have recently been named one of the best remote companies to work at. 😉
In this role, you will take ownership of specific domains within our product. Collaborating closely with other engineers and product managers, you will leverage cutting-edge technologies to develop highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems.
The main technologies you will be working with are Go, PostgreSQL and AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- developing, scaling and maintaining some of our backend services including the API, reports and other infrastructure services that manage our product and logistics worldwide
- working with multiple teams day to day to bring more value to Toggl’s users, covering customer-facing web applications and public APIs
- designing, breaking down, and completing projects of a medium to large scope with high-level productivity
- looking for technical problems of existing system/product without guidance and offering solutions
- leading projects with a small group of people, such as hosting weekly meetings, communicating with other partners and stakeholders
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about technology and you are experienced with programming in Go.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go;
- Significant professional experience with distributed systems, PostgreSQL, and AWS Cloud Infrastructure;
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation);
- Experience with performance and optimisation problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems;
- Ability to work cross-teams and improve cross-functional relationships which will facilitate ongoing projects;
- Eagerness to make contributions to improve the engineering team. For example, activities like interviewing, or mentoring;
- Ability to give on-point and actionable feedback to peers;
- Effective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates;
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build and improve our product;
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment;
Bonus points for:
- Having full-stack experience;
- Experience with data warehouse and analytics systems
- Experiences with Kubernetes at scale
- Experience with system architecture at scale
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work - we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and an additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)