WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (formerly Citrusbyte) is a remote-first, fully distributed, technology consulting company.
Our customers, F1000's and startups alike, come to us because they need to change how something is done in order to succeed and they're looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution all under one roof.
Our services range from new product development, pure R&D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, to organizational transformation and cultural design.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an experienced Engineering Manager you will manage a team of 10 to 15 engineers operating in small squads of 4-5 engineers and work directly with Product, Research and Design teams as well as customer stakeholders and technical leads to build complex custom software applications. You will run and / or participate in project kick-offs, working with your team to choose the tools, architecture, and platforms used to deliver client projects. You and your project leadership team are responsible for defining the quality standards for client projects.
While this is a remote friendly role, the engineering manager should expect to travel to client site one week every other month on average.
WHO YOU ARE
You have 2.5 years experience leading and managing custom software engineering teams. You have a proven track record of building teams that deliver complex software on-time and in-budget. You have a long history of hands on software development and a variety of technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - MANAGING AND DIRECTING
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- Maintainer and contributor to our company engineering internal and public artifacts such as our quality standards and guidelines.
- Represent the engineering organization with other departments and ensure we provide engineering support wherever necessary in the company.
- Support team happiness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - ENGINEERING AND DELIVERY
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- When necessary, act as Programmer, QA, Architect, PM, etc for short periods of time.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - HIRING AND TRAINING
- Attract, nurture, coach, and retain talent.
- Ensure every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback.
- Ensure engineers are provided with continuous and valuable learning opportunities.
- Contribute to determining engineering salary ranges and adjustments.
- Contribute to defining and building the vision for our engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining quality standards for our work.
- Contribute to creating training and learning material and opportunities for engineers.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Software Consulting experience with external clients
- Custom software development
- Experience contributing to the sales-cycle by project scoping and developing proposals
- Identify new opportunities with existing client
- Team organization and design
- Team management experience with direct reports
- External stakeholder management
- Product strategy collaboration
- Your success is evident when client stakeholders & teams love working with us.
- We have delivered on our promises.
- You have planned, organized, and managed all phases of a project lifecycle to successful delivery.
- You develop plans to empower teams to do their best work while coaching them as necessary
- Team deliveries have achieved high-quality marks by our customers
- Teams are planning, consulting, and doing work that meets our standards and your standards to ensure client happiness.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.