As a frontend engineer, you will be responsible for crafting highly performant, aesthetically beautiful, user interfaces using cutting-edge technologies like NextJS, GraphQL, and React. You’ll work alongside designers, product owners, other frontend engineers and other engineering teams to share stories with millions of music fans world-wide.
The Coda Collection aspires to bring to life the stories that surround the songs that we love, and in turn deepen the connection between artists and fans. Across Amazon Prime Video Channels, our website, and mobile apps, we have created a unique experience that combines a curated collection of more than 180 films to give context to the most meaningful moments in music and surrounds these films with immersive, custom editorial from the most talented music writers in the world.
Together, this experience aspires to do nothing less than transform the way in which people experience the power of music. In just a matter of months, we are off to a fast start: rapid subscriber growth, hit films such as What Drives Us (directed by Dave Grohl), and over 500 pieces of press coverage.
We are looking for a talented Front End Engineer who can help build and improve our web platform. If you have a passion for creating visually stunning user interfaces, building thriving cultures, and excel in a fast-moving environment, let’s chat. Our office is "based" in Chicago but fully remote (meaning open to candidates from anywhere).
Join us, and over the next 6 months you will have contributed to:
- Creating more engaging user experiences using the latest web technologies
- Improving the performance, stability, and security of our applications
- Making positive contributions to help our growing team in areas like Product, HR, Marketing, Growth, or Finance
Experience and Skills
Some abilities important to us in this role include:
- Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated experience creating visually appealing user interfaces, and familiarity with component/module design patterns
- Hands on experience integrating with API’s and contributing to their design
- Basic knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience or interest in pragmatic automated testing
- Team Skills
- Seamlessly work with back end engineers, quality assurance engineers, product, and others to produce amazing experiences, keeping a keen eye for detail, and obsessing over the users experience, and the applications stability and performance.
- Quickly learn technical skills, while developing softer skills in business, collaboration, and agile/lean project management
- Works collaboratively with the team to deliver great products on simple stable foundations.
- Uses team retrospectives to provide actionable feedback improving the customer experience, performance of the team, and performance of the company
- Business Impact and Organization
- Plans own work, sets and meets personal goals
- Anticipates change, keeps others informed of issues and risks
- Recognizes this is a growing team, always pitches in, thrives on ambiguity
- Passion for music, tech and media
- Keeps confidence of partners
- Delivers exceptional experiences, always simplifies, never settles