I’m Nicolas, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup
that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
We’re accelerating the development of our product to serve the growing demand from our customers. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our great team.
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
- Competitive package incl. bonus and stock options
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
- You can work wherever you want – We work remotely!
The role in context
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As our user base grows, our codebase grows, and our engineering capacity expands, we also need to take our quality assurance to the next level. As a QA engineer
in the team, you will have the opportunity to implement best practices when it comes to quality assurance and instill a great quality mindset within the team.
Some of our goals are to expand our quality controls, reduce the number of defects propagated in production, improve our recovery time, and, ultimately, an even better user experience!
Test automation and acceptance testing will be initial priorities to achieve these objectives, but obviously, there’s more!
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will work together with our product team, our customer success team, as well as the different engineering teams (candidate environment, employer environment, internal tools, cloud infrastructure, etc.). You provide leverage and support, but also guidance. You’ll work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia.
You’ll spend time on the following
- Thoroughly learning TestGorilla’s software.
- Taking full ownership of the quality for all TestsGorilla systems, and products. This involves defining our quality strategy, infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Ideating, implementing, maintaining, and reinforcing high quality standards leveraging reusability, and scalability.
- Developing complex end-to-end automated testing solutions with integration in CI/CD environments.
- Creating and documenting detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases to assess software quality.
- Executing quality, usability, regression, and performance testing on both frontend and backend components.
- Identifying the metrics that track the continuous improvement of our overall quality.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing, implementing, running, manual and automated tests for web and distributed systems.
- You have a solid understanding of the quality assurance processes and best practices in software development.
- Hands-on experience with automation testing frameworks, for both frontend and backend components, such as Mocha, Supertest, Cypress and Postman.
- You care deeply about building a world-class engineering team.
- You are passionate about improving your skills and learning new technologies.
- You enjoy influencing others.
- You always advocate for technical excellence and you are open to change.
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
Bonus points if ...
- you have experience in a SaaS product based company
- you are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
- you have a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
Joining TestGorilla means you’re joining a group of people who are committed to a set of values that guide our behaviors and decisions day to day:
- We encourage each other: We bring a positive attitude to work. We help each other when stuck. We challenge each other in constructive ways. We celebrate wins as a team.
- We are bold: We’re bold in our ambition and dare to create new things. We know what we’re capable of and learn from our mistakes.
- We take full ownership of our work: We own the outcome of our work and do whatever necessary to improve it--including soliciting feedback and asking for help when we get stuck.
- We strive for excellence: We hold ourselves to high standards and work hard to increase our competencies.
- We do the right thing: We’re straight shooters and take our work seriously. We treat each other, our customers, and our collaborators with respect and empathy.
- We respect our (work-style) differences: We all have different ways of living and working. We all find our own point of balance, respect our differences, and accommodate each other’s style and preferences.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product! Simply use the Apply button or click here
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.