Synergy Sports is dedicated to delivering revolutionary sports and technology solutions for the benefit of sports and entertainment of fans. To make this happen we are bringing established technologies, innovators and sports partners into a thriving ecosystem and ensure the benefits are returned to our sports partners and their fans. We are backed by Elysian Park Ventures, a US-based, private investment firm that shares our commitment to sports, technology, and entertainment.
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provide a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well-being of our team and their loved ones.
We are looking for exceptional Senior Full Stack Engineers to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts in the exciting field of sports technology.
As a member of the Synergy team, you will contribute to the ongoing development of our revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions, building applications such as:
- Enhanced Visual Overlay (EVO). EVO is a cloud-based broadcast graphics system. It runs over the top of video content with official game stats, automatically producing graphics to engage fans with insights on players, the team, action or the entire game. EVO can be customized to incorporate team colors and club logos. It displays the official game clock, scores, game and player statistics, player photos, and can integrate with sponsor branding and messages.
- The FIBA Connected Stadium is a joint initiative between FIBA and Synergy Sports, designed to put basketball at the forefront of changes to how sports are played and consumed. Synergy's solutions use automated motion-based artificial-intelligence technology to capture 1080p full HD video. Professional quality live video is produced without any human intervention ready for live streaming through Federation and League nominated channels.
- Participate in all aspects of software development activities including design, coding, code review, unit-testing and bug fixing.
- Design and implement key product features, APIs and test suites, according to specifications, while keeping a strong customer focus.
- Collaborate with the development team members, as well as with other teams (request & provide help, share info, attend meetings, propose & implement improvements).
- Create internal and external APIs to support both data and video
- Scale out current systems to support new sports
- Build systems to help sporting organizations run more efficiently, as well as complex data models supporting the business rules of sports
- Turn designs into working React applications
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure consistency in architecture and design/code practice
- Code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
- Implement applications with a solid intent to create functionality and usability with a complete adherence to our design / design principles.
- Work closely with next generation architecture development teams using cutting edge approaches and technologies.
- Extensive understanding of Python, including its ecosystem of tools and libraries
- Experience in the different use cases Python is used for such as API implementation, data science, web applications, and system tooling
- SQL experience (MySQL preferred)
- AWS cloud architecture and experience with APIs
- Strong RESTful API experience (both in Integration and development)
- Front-End experience (ReactJS, CSS/JS/TS, Redux)
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related disciplines
- Creative and self-motivated engineer with excellent coding and design skills
- You are always mindful of quality attributes like maintainability, performance, security, scalability, usability, and testability. As a result, you have successfully contributed to the architecture and UI/UX proposals and decisions.
- Good English communication skills
- Commercial maturity and understanding of the balance between commercial realities and technical ideologies
- Sport knowledge and the ability to understand concepts such as fixtures/schedules
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Work remotely on a fully distributed and asynchronous team.
- Big problems, massive impact. We’re working on big scalability challenges and our flat structure means individuals have an incredible amount of impact on everything they touch.
- A-players only. Join our team of best-in-class engineers to disrupt the sports industry and learn, share and grow with great peers on a daily basis.
- A culture geared towards innovation and experimentation. From Deep learning and Computer vision to Kubernetes and the latest cloud technologies.