Skapa is an IT Consultancy specializing in the development of complex custom applications.
We are seeking a mid-level QA Engineer who will develop and execute exploratory as well as automated tests, to ensure we are meeting our quality goals. QA Engineer responsibilities include estimating, planning and coordinating testing activities. The QA Engineer will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked and resolved.
Attention to detail, curiosity and a commitment to high quality deliverables is essential.
- Perform manual tests in support of testing requirements
- Ensure the quality, design and workflow of functional areas of a product, for both web application and mobile applications
- Review stories and tasks and generate test plans and test cases from them
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities to include boundary and exploratory testing
- Document detailed defects and collaborate with development team
- Perform thorough regression testing on functionalities
Qualifications / Skills
- Solid grasp of SQL and scripting
- Hands-on experience with both manual end-user testing (black-box) and grey box testing
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, TestPad)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in an Agile and/or Continuous Integration (CI) environment
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and excellent collaboration skills
Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work remotely, with a quiet and distraction-free work environment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
- Must be based in the U.S.A.
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume (PDF), or your LinkedIn profile. Please include a link to your GitHub repo, if you have one.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the finalist successfully completing a criminal background check, to be paid for by Skapa Tech, LLC. All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. We will not sponsor visas for this position.
No third parties. We will not work with recruiters or staffing agencies.