is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising our $67.5M Series C
in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United Kingdom and Ireland who are excited to work directly on one of our client-facing products, helping people build highly performant pages and progressive web apps for their ecommerce stores.
- You'll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs and tools for making web apps by utilizing modern technologies and solutions like TypeScript, React, GraphQL, etc
- You'll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement
- You'll work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces
- You'll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle, along with communicating with other internal teams
- You'll regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorm high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements
- You'll proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve
- Have worked heavily with TypeScript for at least four years
- Excellent knowledge of React and testing (Jest, React-Testing-Library, etc)
- Four or more years knowledge of Node.js and Next.js
- Advanced understanding of web fundamentals (accessibility, security, DOM, SEO, how browsers work, etc)
- Deep knowledge about web performance and page speed with React, Google Lighthouse, and more.
- Love of engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Real-world TypeScript code we can review
- Knowledge working with GraphQL
- Working experience building PWAs
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.