What we're looking for
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll join a cross functional group of Software Engineers and Designers entering a new phase of product development. We’re looking for developers who want to help our team to create the most secure, frictionless, and fresh end-user experience possible.
You will be working on the set of our core APIs that power information and eCommerce functions of the business. We currently work with TypeScript and Angular on the front end and use Node.js with Hapi to create RESTful APIs. We use managed services in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) like Cloud Endpoints, CloudBuild and utilize serverless functions with a PubSub pattern wherever it makes sense for us to do. However, the ability to adapt to changing technology is an important strength.
- Contribute to our backend development, from architecture to code implementation, and contribute to the discussion about strategy to increase efficiency over time
- Working with NoSQL databases, Google Cloud serverless infrastructure - lots of Cloud Functions, PubSub
- We primarily use Node.js for our services
- Implement most efficient integrations with external systems
- Develop and maintain a standard of documentation
- Generate ideas to improve the experience, functionality and platform offerings
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders, technical and non-technical, about the product development on a regular basis
- Assist the team to prioritize, assess risk and evaluate tradeoffs
- Advocate and implement best practices for development and testing
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Assist with technical evaluation and onboarding of new team members
- Write and ship high quality code
What we offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Early stage stock options
- 3 Week Vacation
- Flexibility to work from home or office (we are remote-first, indefinitely)
- Learning and development fund
- Unlimited sick and mental health days
- What was the largest production environment you worked with?
- Tell us about the best API you used and why was it the best?
- What work are you most proud of in your career, education, or personal life?