Account Manager, Supplier Relations - Europe Based - awesome start-up!
Headquarters: Solana Beach, CA
View all Scientist.com jobs →
This is a remote position based in Europe (preferred locale: UK, Germany, France, Switzerland). The ideal candidate already lives in one of these areas and is familiar with European based biotech and pharma companies.
The focus of the Account Manager for Supplier Relations is the identification, engagement, onboarding, compliance, and ongoing management of Scientist.com supplier network. This role focuses on engaging with both global research suppliers, including contract research organizations (CROs), academic core facilities, and other life science research suppliers. This individual also assists in triaging of issues and concerns with suppliers to the appropriate team members at Scientist.com, as well as within the supplier relations team.
- Troubleshoot supplier problems, with an aim to develop strategic partnerships and improve supplier user experience
- Help identify and sign up new suppliers, and present Scientist.com’s value proposition and benefits
- Run regular online training sessions for critical global vendors included in the Scientist.com supplier network
- Review contract inquiries, manage contract terms, and liaise with legal counsel as required
- Develop a deep understanding of the platform’s functionality
- Manage supplier relations team in supplier onboarding and follow-up on requests through the Scientist.com system
- Work to continually improve the Scientist.com system for suppliers by working internally with the Scientist.com team
- BA, BS, MS or PhD in a scientific field, or equivalent work experience (advanced degree highly preferred)
- English: native proficiency or C2
- French and/or German C1 proficiency or better
- Approximately 30% travel annually
- Work remote from UK, Germany, France or Switzerland
- Strong understanding of legal terms to facilitate contract negotiations highly desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- This role requires an organized, data-driven, motivated subject matter expert with the ability to produce positive results
- Self-starter capable of working independently, with a high degree of autonomy
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to act collaboratively with the entire leadership team assisting them deliver on company objectives
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including but not limited to, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- A minimum of 3 years of supplier management, customer service, and/or sales experience within the pharmaceutical life sciences industry
- Direct experience in managing strategic vendors, supplier score-carding, and cultivating partnerships with multinational organizations
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve strategic goals
- The individual must have strong experience in the areas of contracting, negotiations, outsourcing, and process improvement
- Preferred, but not required, experience: supplier management and/or sales focused on clinical, health economics outcomes research, and/or real world evidence categories
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapid-growing start-up company
- Possibility of rapid career development
- Weekly Stand-ups with your team
- 100% remote friendly
Often referred to as the ’Amazon for medical research’, Scientist.com (formerly Assay Depot) has pioneered a new approach for research procurement. By simplifying the externalization of complex experiments, we currently enable pharmaceutical, biotech and academic researchers to “outsource everything but the genius™”. This dramatically simplifies drug research, reduces costs, and expands access to the latest cutting-edge tools and innovative technologies. We are the current industry leader, having multi-year partnerships with 16 of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and the US National Institutes of Health.
We are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures for cancer, Alzheimer’s, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.
Apply for this position
Please apply at this link and include all requested information: https://goo.gl/3RE5As