Senior Android Engineer, Run App (Remote)
Red Bull Media House is hiring a Senior Software Engineer focused on launching our new flagship running app in 2022.
You will be working alongside our in-house engineering team as part of our award-winning Digital Products team where you will focus on Android mobile app development.
What you will be building
Imagine you'll start running with thousands of people around the world at the exact same time. You'll run as far as you can until the Catcher Car passes you. And you'll be doing all that running not only for yourself but for a good cause. 100% of your starting fees go into spinal cord research and will help to find a cure for spinal cord injury.
This is a temporary full-time contract role (Maximum 18 months.)
Yes, but must be in USA and eligible for work
- 5+ years experience with building native mobile applications.
- Experience in software technology related to native mobile applications design and development (Android, Java, Kotlin, React Native, etc).
- Understanding of REST and web-based APIs.
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle (Kanban, Scrum).
- Experience using source control (Git, Github, BitBucket).
- Experience using build automation servers (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI).
- Experience using project management tools (JIRA, Confluence).
Preferred experience (not required)
- Ideally familiar with GPS Tracking, spotty data service, and battery saving techniques in Native Apps.
- Has built a fitness, racing, or training app or uses one on a weekly basis.
- Willing to go on runs using the app that you will be building to test and give hands-on feedback as a developer.
Got what it takes?
In your application, we want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us. You can apply via the application button.