We are a remote startup (headquartered in Canada) building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s making software to help sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation app that helps you find contact data right inside your browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 12 people -- you will be #13 🙂
We are self-funded and profitable (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
Authoritative leadership style is practiced here, where the overall goal is given and you have the freedom to choose your own way of achieving it.
We have balanced working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off. We don’t have any “managers” and we rarely do any internal meetings.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be managing the accounting and financial operations of the company. You will be working directly with the company’s co-founders.
This is a high-impact role. We are looking for someone to take real ownership and implement best practices in order to build a scalable and resilient system.
This is a 100% remote role and is a part-time/freelance position.
The working hours are flexible and the workload will vary throughout the year. We are looking for someone to work with long-term to take on regular routine activities as well as tackle one-off projects.
SOME PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
- AP + AR: Processing expenses, collecting payments, and setting up automation wherever possible
- Budgets: Creating, managing, and tracking budgets on a quarterly basis
- External Communications: Being the main point of contact with accountants, bookkeepers, and customers
- Infrastructure: Streamlining banking infrastructure by managing bank accounts, credit cards, and day-to-day financial tools
- Processes: Creating and documenting internal processes for day-to-day tasks such as reimbursements
- Must be located in Canada
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- Experience working with Quickbooks Online or a similar cloud accounting system
- Worked with a SaaS or tech company before
- Past remote work experience