Headquarters: Schaumburg, IL
Must be located: U.S.A.
Visit company website
View all Paylocity jobs
At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The Product Owner is a key leader within Product Development and works with a dedicated product team. This person is responsible for building a consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared product vision of what needs to be built and championing this vision to the product team through creation of business objectives, epics and user stories. This person should have a talent for conveying a clear and compelling narrative and an enthusiasm for creating vital functionality, while striving to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to think strategically about our products and act tactically. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Collaborative, Innovative and Humble
- Starts with the customer unmet need (both short and long term)
- Equally skilled at dreaming (and articulating) and starting (and articulating) small
- Always brings a point-of-view formed by mix of data, experience, and gut
- Thick-skinned enough to successfully interact at the CEO level; curious enough to ask questions and alter point-of-view appropriately
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Passionate about quality and controls
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- 3+ years delivering software solutions in agile SaaS environment as a Product Manager, preferably in Enterprise Software space
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with software and qa engineers, operations, sales, marketing and other internal key partners
- Excellent analytical, communication, technology skills
- Superior attention to detail with strong written and organizational skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (confluence, slack, zoom, email, etc.)
During the last three months, you would have:
- Established a point-of-view about the product vision and aligned business owners and product stakeholders to that vision
- Became a deep expert in our customers, our business, the industry and the data
- Translated product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories
- Coordinated with other Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives
- Driven continuous improvement; shared lessons learned and contributed to the development of the agile practices
- Adjusted product priorities based on actual experience and user feedback
- Facilitated and guided product planning, stakeholder interactions, and demos
- Worked with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
- Created, maintained, prioritized and owned the product backlog
- Made the final determination on feature acceptance and what ships
- Understood the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
- Acted as the voice of the customer, answered product related questions, and provided overall direction
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.