Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
More Holdings LLC is the owner of two websites: First Quarter Finance (FQF), a leading personal finance site, and Actually Good Team Names (AGTN), a fun resource where users can find naming tips and ideas for groups of all kinds.
FQF has been featured in and cited by a number of publications including U.S. News & World Report, Money, Entrepreneur, and Zillow.
As a Research Analyst, you’ll be tasked with analyzing data to generate new content ideas for both AGTN and FQF, as well as contributing to the improvement of existing content on both sites.
What we can do for you:
- Allow you to work wherever, whenever, on a flexible schedule.
- Offer an hourly rate of $14 to $17.50, based on your experience and qualifications. Payment is every two weeks, with zero fees and no invoicing required.
- Provide you the opportunity to impact the lives of over one million users per month.
- Offer you diverse topics to research.
- Invite you into a fantastic, fully remote team with a culture of journalistic integrity and respect for one another.
- Value your contributions. We make sure everything we’re doing is for a purpose and no work goes unappreciated.
- Provide you with stable work. Founded in 2013, we're hiring to expand, not to replace anyone.
What you can do for us:
- Discover what users of both of our websites want to know by analyzing a wide variety of data and content.
- Show a willingness to learn and an ability to follow our established research process. We’ll provide all of the training and tools you’ll need.
- Consider ways to improve our existing content and create a better user experience.
- You must commit to working at least 15 hours per week on average. If you excel, you’ll have the opportunity to work up to full-time.
- Our comprehensive onboarding program will make your first weeks with us easy and stress-free. Questions and comments are always extremely welcome, and we understand the importance of a high-touch onboarding process.
- During onboarding, you’ll sign two contracts (stating the terms of your work, non-disclosure, etc.). Then, each year, you’ll receive a 1099 form for tax purposes. Very simple paperwork with us.
- The learning curve for this position is steep and fast-paced. Once trained, your work will be independent.
- Though your day-to-day work will be solo, you’ll communicate with our CEO and Managing Editor on a regular basis.
- We primarily communicate via Slack.
- Must be used to working in an efficient environment.
- Should be comfortable working with large amounts of data and sorting through it on your own.
- Must be comfortable with repetitive research. Finding a great idea for content is exciting, but the time in-between is head-down, focused, analytical, and thoughtful work.
- An interest in personal finance is required. Other niches will need researching as part of this role as well.
Note that you must be U.S.-based and we are not currently considering applicants from AZ, CA, MA, NJ, or NY.
We look forward to hearing from you!