MemberTraq is building software that helps labor unions and other member-based organizations serve their members better, build advocacy for their cause, and improve the lives of working Americans everywhere.
Our profitable and growing company consists of a small team of high-caliber developers, consultants, and customer success enthusiasts, who work together remotely.
We are looking to add a full-time developer in order to keep up with customer demand and to make progress on our significant backlog of new product features.
To improve the lives of working-class Americans by building software that helps labor unions and other member-based organizations better serve their members.
What’s Important To Us
- You are a good communicator (written and verbal) who can work independently and values teamwork
- You are quick and pragmatic when you create new features for testing but detail oriented and precise when you polish the experience
- You provide valuable, candid feedback to your colleagues when discussing design tradeoffs and product priorities
- You are accurate and on time
- You are a quick learner and hungry to gain new knowledge.
- Frontend and backend development on our EMMA product platform using Meteor.js
- Participate in and contribute to product design sessions
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Prepare software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Integrate software components into a fully functional enterprise software system
- Collaborate daily with other members of our development and support team
What We Offer You
- We are a fully distributed team. Everyone works from home or a co-working space at the hours that they feel most productive. We believe that everyone should be able to work when and where they are most effective.
- We meet 2-3 times a year (we will resume this post-COVID) somewhere in the U.S. for several days to work and have fun together. On our last retreat we rented a ranch in the Texas Hill Country complete with longhorn cattle, a pool, game room, and other fun stuff. We worked hard, played hard, and got to spend precious time together.
- We offer competitive salaries, full health benefits, a company-matched retirement savings program, and very flexible work arrangements.
We have a very specific hiring process. We use this process because we want to get to know as much about you as possible before we make a hiring decision and because we value people who are not afraid of going the extra mile to get what they want. Your attitude is just as important as your skillset. If you are not looking for something long term and if you are not willing to go through the stages below, please do not apply.
However, if you value a good challenge, please send us your application. We’d love to meet you!
Please follow these steps to apply for this position:
- Send an email to email@example.com to apply for this position.
- When you apply, begin your message with “I’m the developer you are looking for!” (Copy and paste this into the subject line of your message).
- In the body of your email, answer the following question: "Based on the job briefing you have just read, what are the top 3 reasons that you feel you are an ideal candidate for this position?"
- When we receive your email, we will send you a questionnaire to get some additional information on your technical background, skills, and personality. It will take about 20 minutes to complete the questionnaire. Please answer the questions as completely as possible. We want to learn as much as we can about you.
- If we like your answers to the questionnaire, we will schedule a live technical interview. During this interview, you will work side-by-side with our developers to complete a programming assignment. This will give us a good idea of how you think, how you approach problem solving, and how you interact with our team.
The final step in our process are final interviews with our Founder and CEO, and anyone else on the team we feel can help us find the right person for this role.
If this process has not scared you off, please apply! We’re looking for applicants with the right attitude, who hold themselves to high standards. You don’t have to have perfect skills, there is an opportunity to learn along the way – your attitude and desire to learn is the most important quality for this job.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Bill and the MemberTraq Team